Saigontourist Travel receives labor medal
By Dao Loan – The Saigon Times Daily
Company director Vo Anh Tai reported that from 2003 to 2008, Saigontourist had increased its revenue from VND267 billion to VND985 billion. Local and foreign tourists increased from 100,000 in 2003 to 310,000 in 2008.
Along with the Saigontourist brand name, the tour operator introduced ‘Premium Travel’ for high-class tourists and ‘IKO Travel’ for budget travelers and families.
Saigontourist is also developing via its seasonal websites of www.dulichhe.com, www.dulichthu-dong.com, www.dulichtet.com, www.dulichtietkiem.com for Vietnamese tourists and www.saigontourist.net for foreign tourists. Via these websites, tourists can get information and travel warnings, and book tours.
Tai said that because of the impacts of the financial crisis and influenza A(H1N1), the total number of tourists at his company decreased this year but Saigontourist maintained its revenue.
“We’ve received 153,000 local and foreign tourists over the past seven months with revenue of VND560 billion. We are trying our best to maintain the company’s business,” he said.
At the ceremony, Saigontourist handed out 30 scholarships worth VND1 million each to 30 blind students in HCMC. The company also said that in September, it would organize a tour for bind children in the city to travel to the coastal city of Vung Tau for the sixth time.
- Tourism industry calls for relief measures as coronavirus shuts down travel
- Should domestic air travel be grounded?
- Việt Nam grabs gold medals at In't photo contest
- Vietnam wins gold medals at In't photo contest
- Less homophobic than Russia? It's not something to give yourself a medal for
- Arrested, missing China labor activists spark criticism of Ivanka Trump, industry
- Democratic senators call on domestic airlines to issue cash refunds for travelers
- 20,000 Musicians To Receive “Painful” Pension Cuts To Keep Benefit Fund Solvent
- Sir Wilfred Thesiger
- Viet Nam eats up culinary tourism
- 74,000 Floridians seek benefits, critics demand reform
- Kentucky to release some inmates in response to coronavirus
- Coronavirus: China donates 1000 ventilators to New York as Donald Trump addresses nation on horror week ahead
- Coronavirus: China donates 1000 ventilators to New York as Donald Trump addresses nation on horror week ahead, British toll soars
- Coronavirus: ‘Six million jobs’ at stake over JobKeeper scheme as Donald Trump addresses US on horror week ahead
- Millions of Australians will have an extra $750 in their bank account from TOMORROW as part of the government's coronavirus cash splash - here's what to do if you don't get your windfall
- Guidelines on extension of foreigners’ temporary residence due to COVID-19
- With parks closed, Disney starts furloughs in 2 weeks
- Coronavirus latest: More than 750,000 cases across the globe
- Bob Dylan’s Uncomfortable History With Accepting Awards
Saigontourist Travel receives labor medal have 427 words, post on vietnamtourism.gov.vn at August 4, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.