I swear… sometimes I think every business owner who wants to learn how to sell needs a dog.
For companionship? Exercise? Vet bills?
Because of the extremely USEFUL sales and marketing lessons a dog can teach you. It seems like every day my dog teaches me a new trick. And I could probably write a full YEAR’S worth of these articles just observing her.
When we first got Zoe we were warned right off the bat:
“Since your dog is part basenji, do NOT chase after her if she gets away. In fact, do not even so much as walk towards her.”
“Why?” we asked.
“Because of her breed, she will be way more likely to keep running. In fact, the best thing you can do is actually run away from her… and let her chase YOU.”
Even though (thank GOD) we haven’t had to put this to the test, I believe the guy was right.
And guess what?
Most prospects are that way, too.
I know I am when I’m looking to buy something.
Right when someone starts chasing me down with a new offer, deal or whatever, I bolt like Zoe running from the dog catcher. And I do this even if I WANT what’s being offered… and really NEED the product or service.
And I’m not alone, either.
Most other people I know are the same way.
Which is why it’s my contention you should just automatically assume your prospect is like a revved up basenji ready to dash off. And if you run towards them, chase them or “hound” them in anyway, they’ll vanish like a fart in the wind.
If you position yourself so prospects chase YOU (instead of you chasing them) then it’s like doing the “Zoe dance” above — where they may run TOWARDS you, instead of bolting AWAY from you.
Which makes selling like shooting fish in a barrel.
- Buy or Sell: Xbox One Edition
- Watch Dogs 2 feels slick, enjoyable, but terribly hollow
- Sleeping Dogs Favors Guide
- OPINION Man Bites Dog: Counting Linux In
- Naughty Dog Talks Future ‘Uncharted’ Titles & ‘Uncharted 3’ Crunch Time
- Wolfenstein proves big-budget offline FPS can still work
- Resident Evil 7 Was the Best-Selling Game in January
- Naughty Dog Founder: Selling Studio to Sony Was ‘Right Decision’
- Watch Dogs: PS4 & Xbox One frame-rates not final, Morin spills many new details
- Nostalgia sells: MGS continues HD collection boom
- Naughty Dog on Uncharted Motion Controls: Not Likely
- EA wants to make "gigantic action games" like Ubisoft and Take Two
- Analyst: PS3 To Be Top Dog In September
- Sleeping Dogs Review
- Buy or Sell: Watch Dogs, Wii U, E3 Press Conferences, More
- Mocapped dogs, exponential polygons and a mysterious apocalypse: Infinity Ward's next-gen Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Buy or Sell: Purchasing an Xbox One
- Watch Dogs 2 - How to make money and save up to unlock the Quadcopter
- Watch Dogs 2 launch sales nowhere near Watch Dogs 1
- Interview: Big Sandwich Games Goes Looking For PSN Gold
How to Sell Like the Big Dogs have 491 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 22, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.