A Vietnamese senior government official highly praised the Thai government and local administrations for providing assistance to Vietnamese living in Thailand to help them integrate into the society.
Deputy Foreign Minister Nguyen Thanh Son made the statement while receiving a delegation from Thailand’s Sakon Nakhon province led by provincial Executive Council Chairman, Chaymongkol Xayrop, in Hanoi on June 26.
Deputy FM Son, who is also Chairman of the State Committee for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs, told the guests that he was pleased to hear news about the Vietnamese community’s development and integration in Thailand in general and in Sakon Nakhon province in particular.
Chaymongkol Xayrop affirmed that Vietnam is always a great friend to Thailand, and hailed the Vietnamese community in Sakon Nakhon for their immense contributions to the province’s growth.
He said during this visit, his delegation expected to seek opportunities for officials of Thailand’s north eastern provinces to receive training in the Vietnamese language and post-graduate study in universities in Vietnam.
According to the Sakon Nakhon official, his province has organised training courses on the language, culture and customs of Vietnam to prepare Thai students before they come to study in the country.
Deputy FM Son said reciprocal student exchanges will help enhance bilateral ties, suggesting that Sakon Nakhon authorities consider the establishment of partnerships with universities in Vietnam’s central provinces of Quang Binh, Quang Tri and Thua Thien-Hue.
As scheduled, the Sakon Nakhon province’s delegation will hold a working session with officials from the Ministry of Education and Training on educational cooperation issues.
Cao Van San, President of the Vietnamese Association in Sakon Nakhon, reported that 10,000 Vietnamese are living and working in Sakon Nakhon and the majority of them are leading prosperous and stable lives.
- China Daily Hong Kong earns high praise for 20 years of public service
- Thailand shooting spree at Terminal 21 Korat shopping centre leaves 20 dead, gunman killed by security forces
- Thailand shooting leaves at least 20 dead as soldier opens fire at Korat mall
- Soldier kills 20 in shooting rampage in Thailand's northeast
- Death toll in Thailand mall shooting hits 21 after raid to stop gunman
- Soldier kills 20 in shooting rampage in Thailand, holes up in shopping mall
- Soldier kills 29 people in Thailand before being shot
- Thailand soldier kills 29 in rampage before being shot
- Thailand shooting – what’s happened in Korat and how many people have died?
- 'Super Bowl MVP!' Demi Lovato is praised after delivering 'flawless' rendition of The Star Spangled Banner as she continues career comeback following near fatal overdose... as star reveals she BLACKED OUT during the performance
- Holly Willoughby 'has been supporting Phillip Schofield's wife Steph through her husband's coming out journey'... and the secret 'has been a weight on her shoulders too'
- 'Never been more proud of my friend': Holly Willoughby pays tribute to This Morning co-host Phillip Schofield as stars support TV veteran after he comes out as gay
- SEA Games: Vietnam brush aside Thailand to defend gold medal in women’s football
- Musicians release songs praising love to celebrate Valentine's Day
- MM Mega Market Vietnam promotes domestic agri-products via Big C Thailand
- United Vietnamese community in Vladikavkaz
- Vietnam's M&As to hit a record high of $6bln in 2016
- Vietnamese, Indonesian leaders talk about nCoV prevention
- Opportunities open for Vietnamese players at K-League
- Thailand shooting: Police storm shopping centre after gunman kills 20 in rampage
High praise for Thailand's support of resident Vietnamese have 542 words, post on at June 26, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.