150 “Endeavour” Scholarships, worth VND 2 million each, donated by the LG Electronic Vietnam Company Ltd. and the Youth Newspaper’s readers, were given to children from the Agent Orange/Dioxin-affected families in five Northern coastal provinces and cities of Quang Ninh, Hai Phong, Thai Binh, Nam Dinh and Ninh Binh.
At a handover ceremony on May 15 th in Hai Phong, the scholarship recipients spoke of their dreams of becoming medical doctors, to treat those suffering from the same disease, or IT experts.
Nguyen Thi Hao, a grade 8 student from Nam Dinh, talked about her very simple dream of having a good school record in order to please her father, an Agent Orange/Dioxin victim. She is always the best in her class. Her mother died in 2003 while her father is a bed-driven patient. Hao, her two sisters, and their father are now living on support from their cousins and neighbours.
Also at the ceremony, MC Tran Thu Huong from Hai Phong Television promised to present a computer to AO-affected Pham Quang Khai, a grade 7 student of Truc Dai Secondary School in Nam Dinh, when hearing of his dream of becoming an IT engineer. Khai’s father is an Agent Orange/Dioxin victim. Now, at the age of 13, Khai weighs only 25kg with a height of 80cm, and has a big head and short limbs.
Translated by Mai Huong
- 15 nonprofits share $150,000 in vaccine incentive grants
- ‘Map their needs, ensure parental property not sold off’: WCD guidelines to states on children orphaned by Covid
- Finland offers grants for Vietnamese high school students
- Danone Indonesia: Protecting nation’s progress by caring for its children
- New Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai announces Rs 1,000 crore scholarship for farmers’ children
- Delaware State University Cancels $700K in Student Loans for Over 200 Graduates Affected by Pandemic
- Expert panel recommends nod to SII for phase 2/3 trials of Covovax on children aged 2-17
- Hugh Grant sparks commotion with Paddington 3 hint to ex-girlfriend Liz Hurley
- ‘If You’re Not Indoctrinating Your Children, Then Someone Else Is’: Allie Beth Stuckey On Woke Education, Entertainment, And ‘Self Love’
- Medicaid Covers a Million Fewer Children. Baby Elijah Was One of Them.
- 'Outer Banks' Bosses and Carlacia Grant on the Shocking Season 2 Finale and Season 3 Hopes
- Who Is Affected by Trump's New Rules on Work Visas?
- Rapid Testing for Children Barrels Ahead, Despite a Lack of Data
- Orange County Schools
- School uniform grant: Struggling parents can claim up to £150 - check now
- Finnish education programme offers scholarships for Vietnamese high school students
- Beverly Grant brings farmers markets to Denver food deserts
- Kodak Black Launches $100,000 Scholarship to Honor Parkland Shooting Victim: 'It's About All of Us'
- Ford Knows It Can't Bungle The F-150 Launch
- CBP Agents Find Buckets Of Meth Valued At More Than $4 Million
150 Agent Orange-affected children granted scholarships have 450 words, post on at May 16, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.