If you are ready to tackle an outdoor improvement project, for maximum cost effectiveness and ease in both installation and maintenance, consider solar. Solar lighting requires no wiring, making installation effortless. You can extend the use of your outdoor environment, enhance the beauty of your garden at night, and add safety to your home.
The use of solar can make your landscape as beautiful at night as it is during the day. The light produced is bright enough to illuminate a pathway or corner. If there is a notable architectural feature or garden specimen you would like to highlight, you can easily put a spotlight on it. Solar-powered motion lights can be easily installed for lighting dark areas to increase the safety of your property. They have motion sensors so they will use very little energy and are a good investment.
Solar lights must be placed thoughtfully in areas where they will get the maximum amount of sunlight each day. In partially-shaded areas, consider buying a product that will allow the solar panel to be tilted to capture the most sun.
The operation of solar lights is simple. The sun’s energy is collected and stored in a rechargeable battery until dusk, when a sensor switches on the LED. When fully charged, these lights will operate 8-10 hours, and then recharge themselves again the following day. No trenching or wiring is required, making solar a viable choice for any level of do it yourself-er to achieve outstanding results with their improvement projects.
Maintenance of solar fixtures is minimal. Replace the bulb and batteries once a year and keep the lens and cover free of dust to maximize efficiency of your solar lights, and they will last for many years. There is a wide array of styles and finishes to choose from, allowing you to complement and personalize your landscape plan. Browse online to see the endless possibilities available to you and choose lighting that will reflect your taste as well as your home’s architectural style and personality.
When you begin planning your placement of solar lights, you may also want to consider water, which is always a desirable feature to include in your landscape design. A solar fountain is simple to set up and nearly maintenance free. If there is not a nearby power source, solar is the only logical way to go. As long as the solar strip receives adequate light, the fountain can even be placed in a shady spot. Many collectors are now engineered to blend in nicely with their surroundings.
Floating solar fountains are not only a striking addition, but have the added benefit of keeping the water clean by helping to discourage the growth of algae. If you have a koi pond, the movement of water will also oxygenate the water, yet another advantage. On a simpler scale, a floating solar light is a great way to accent an existing pond or swimming pool with minimal effort and expense.
The use of solar energy will make your landscape more inviting, with nominal work required for installation and maintenance. The knowledge that you are using the renewable energy of the sun for your project will give you added satisfaction.
- Beyond concrete and wine. How York County rule changes may set the landscape to come.
- Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- Plan to build solar farm the size of 31 football pitches
- More Than US$10 Billion to Invest in Vung Tau’s Tourism
- Gas And Oil Companies Will Be Cheaper In 8 Weeks - The United States Oil ETF, LP (NYSEARCA:USO)
- Germany’s green energy shift is more fizzle than sizzle
- The 7 Loveliest Children’s Books of 2017
- How Sheffield gave sanctuary from Nazi Germany
- Sustainable: McKnight aims funding at climate change
- Open Space, Sustainability Among the Top Trends in House Design
- Inspiring home of the week: Timber retreat tucked away in the shadow of a Chilean volcano
- Residents claim Phoenix isn't doing enough to add trees and shade, and they want more say
- Perched on a platform high in a tree, a 61-year-old Virginia woman fights a gas pipeline
- Pastoral Letter April, 2018: Malawi Catholic Bishops Speak on State of Affairs
- Here's how to watch the first mission from California to Mars
Using Solar Lights in Your Landscaping Projects have 696 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 10, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.