What? Work during the summer after such a difficult first year teaching? Actually, you would be earning some extra money while transferring your classroom experience. This means looking for summer jobs for teachers. After all, teaching is such a versatile profession. Why now start looking into other possible ways you can extend your teaching experience?
With report cards and students’ dirty looks safely behind you, you may now feel more at ease to focus on your summer job search for summer employment. Whether you are a practicing teacher or a preservice teacher, there are plenty of places to start your search.
Summer teaching jobs also give you an opportunity to work in a much more informal setting. You can still use your teaching abilities as a tutor, summer camp counselors, writing, editing, or as a mentor, and babysitting jobs, preschool assistant.
Call your local community center and see if they are running any day camps. It is a nice informal way to get to know the kids from another side that is often shadowed by the routineness of a school system.
You could possibly teach summer classes at your local community college if you have anything from a Master’s up. Contact also your school district; perhaps they have summer school teaching jobs or tutoring jobs.
And finally, there’s the Internet with literally thousands of sites if you’re looking for something different. You could do anything from click on emails, to taking paid surveys for a consumer company, to writing product reviews and typing in data. However, some sites do not share all their information upfront and you might find yourself paying a sign up fee. Check before you pay anything.
But most of all, summer vacation is a time to enjoy your holiday and not to work too hard!
- As teachers flee Bay Area housing crisis, one school district tries new approach
- Teacher of Week: West Elementary's Koch strives to make positive impact
- Pennsylvania Catholic School Fires Pregnant Teacher Because She Is Unmarried
- Indiana can’t wait for teacher raises
- Florida Science Teacher, 47, Arrested for Allegedly Courting Student, 13, in 'Aggressively Romantic' Manner
- Teacher arrested after professing love for 13-year-old boy: cops
- Puget Sound school districts are trying to recruit — and keep — more teachers of color. Here’s how.
- Three Ohio County Teachers Allege Sex, Gender Harassment in Civil Lawsuit Against Bridge Street Middle Principal
- This SC school district has a plan to keep teachers around — a $5,000 annual bonus
- What Happens When Teachers Can't Afford To Live In Their Own Cities
- Denver Public Schools, teachers remain $8 million apart in compensation talks as strike vote looms
- Rocked by scandal, weakened teachers union faces uncertain future
- Teachers from across SC lobby legislators for higher pay, less testing
- Bombardier to cut 5,000 jobs, including some in Wichita
- Teacher, preacher, veteran among the first to reach beach on D-Day
- Louisiana teacher strike is not off the table yet
- Providence teachers OK new contract, ending work-to-rule
- Troubling tales of child porn, ‘weird fetishes’ and drug use surround former Redlands High School drama teacher
- Tales of child porn, ‘weird fetishes’ and drug use surround former drama teacher, Disneyland worker
- J-D board in turmoil after teen's death: packed meetings, speech bans, teacher probe
Summer Jobs For Teachers have 519 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 4, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.