Let’s accept it, salespersons are not whole heartedly welcomed by many. At least this is the case in point in India. Seldom do the sales persons are able to convince people to listen to them, let alone purchasing or not their product/service. And if at all they are convinced to talk, sales persons have so little time in their palms that they often loose the deal.
Here are few points that tell the potential mistakes done by salespeople and how to avoid them:-
1. Talk less and Precise– The widely known misconception is that the more salespersons talk, the better they are able to convince people. However, the talk less ideology could get you to the top. Too much talking can bring you off track and you might end up loosing customers. You can talk about the benefits of the product/service, rather than detailing its features. The benefits would hit people directly on their mind and they would be able to relate to it. The brevity of expression counts and could win you customers.
2. Choose your Target Audience– Please don’t think that I’m picking on you, but this being the general tendency of many sales persons, need to be addressed. Suppose your product has 10 features, and you have mugged all of them. But don’t just vomit them out before every prospect. Just tell them the main features in the order of preference. It should be your target audience that should help you decide what to say.
3. Maintain a Distance– As much you want to sell them the product, so much do they need to buy. Don’t over-exert, either with your facial expressions or elaborated talks. Tell them about the product and move back a little. Let them decide. However, your marketing lingual should be such that even though you aren’t compelling them to ‘buy’, you become compelling. The trick is not to chase the customers, but attract them. Then, if they really need to buy, and you sound credible, they would definitely call you.
4. When customers talk, let them finish– Don’t finish their sentences yourself. When the customers are talking, keep mum. Don’t just hear but listen to them and address their issues. Even if they talk in between, stop your sentence and let them have their say first. This gives them a feeling that apart from the cliched content they speak, salespersons have a sound knowledge of the product and customer’s need. So don’t limit all the talking to you. The concept of selling a product/service is less of talking, and more of listening.
As a matter of fact, you are a stranger for your customers, and are of course judged on your first impression. Your speech and looks should thus be complementary to each other. Few may look very pleasant and destroy all chances of getting business by chanting the same content the cliched way, and few lack the personality and speech tactics to engage the prospects. All-in-all, its smart selling you need to do, not hard selling. ‘Less is More’ is the mantra of smart selling. Less talk, less compilation and less content; more sales, more business and more profit.
- 5 Steps to Successful Leading
- The Big Dawg Selling Strategy
- The Changing Face Of Professional Selling
- Voice Mail Strategies For Sales Success
- Success Strategies to Reach More Customers
- Selling Successfully - The Relationship You Build Is More Important than a Pressure Close
- Partner Selling - Serve Your Customers & Be Rewarded
- 52 Weeks To Sales Success
- Add-On Retail Sales For a New Era of Success
- Sales Training - Not Only Salespeople Benefit It May Benefit You As Well
- Starting an Online Business - Best Selling Internet Marketing Course to Explode Your Profits!
- A Few Questions And Answers From The Singapore Business Press
- What Every Single Small Retail Store Owner and Store Manager Needs to Know
- How to Calculate Value Added
- 6 Steps to BIG Success
- The Ten Dumbest Things Salespeople Do
- 6 Sales Myths Busted
- Are You Complete To Compete In Sales
- Your Sales Process Isn't
- Build & Protect Your Confidence
Successful Selling Methods For Salespeople - "Less is More" have 668 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 24, 2009. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.