VN satellite heads ICT events for year
Here is the Ha Noi Information and Communications Technology Press Club’s selection of 10 outstanding ICT events for the year. They are:
1. Viet Nam’s first telecom satellite goes into orbit from French Guyana
|The country’s first telecommunications satellite, Vinasat-1, was successfully launched from Korou, French Guyana, marking a new era for Viet Nam’s telecommunications sector.
The US$200 million comsat, owned by the Viet Nam Post and Telecommunic-ations Group (VNPT) was launched with the help of Canadian and French technology.
It will provide more than 200 digital television channels, and tens of thousands of data transmission and telephone lines for the service of the entire country.
In May, the satellite successfully received and transmitted standard signals with two telecommunications centres in Ha Noi and HCM City, confirming that it is functioning normally according to the International Telecommunications Union’s standards.
The $200 million Vinasat-1 will provide more than 200 digital television channels and tens of thousands of Internet data transmission and telephone channels.
The satellite footprint covers Viet Nam, Laos, East Asia, India and Australia. Its prospective life span is 15 years.
|2. Prefixed digits help meet rising demand|
|3. Circular lays down the law for Viet Nam’s bloggers|
The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) in December this year signed a circular that sets the rules for bloggers.
|4. MIC announces list of mobile subscribers after much national controversy|
The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) in June for the first time officially calculated the number of mobilephone subscribers nationwide in order to end the controversy over who was the biggest mobilephone network in Viet Nam. And at the top of the heap was Viettel.
|5. MoET signs contract with military to extend the education network|
|6. Local ICT firms feel the heat of world economic slowdown|
The world economic crisis has had an impact on local information and communications technology (ICT) companies with FPT being the first to be hit hard, and subsequently reducing its business target. The country’s leading ICT firm had to cut business plans and has had to shift targets on turnover, profit, production costs and employees.
|7. Viettel ranked one of largest telecom companies in the world|
Viettel Telecom was ranked 83rd among the 100 biggest telecom companies in the world with a total brand value of $536 million, according to Informa PLC, a world leading statistics provider.
|8. RIAV sues Nokia and FPT, Vinasa complains about Yahoo|
The Recording Industry Association of Viet Nam (RIAV) in October filed lawsuits against mobile phone seller Nokia Viet Nam and FPT Telecom for copyright infringement of recorded music. RIAV said that FPT Telecom is sharing recorded music over the Internet via its website, Nhac So, and using copyrighted material on its internet television service, IPTV.
|9. Fledgling mobile carrier HT Mobile transfers to GSM technology|
|10. Internet hacking on the rise in Viet Nam|
Internet hacking was on the rise in Viet Nam throughout 2008 in which the actions of P.A Viet Nam in July, the country’s leading domain provider, was the biggest case.
- Satellite photos show Hawaii's Kilauea volcano filling an entire ocean bay with a river of hot lava
- Apple Event 2018 Live Stream Blog: Everything Announced Including iPhone XS, Apple Watch 4 and More
- Iran Prepares Satellite Launch, Ignoring US Warnings, Says It's For Peaceful Purposes
- The Best Mobile Apps for Spotting and Identifying Orbiting Satellites and Iridium Flares
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Launches Brilliant Events
- Vietnam`s 10 outstanding sci-tech events in 2018 named
- Two Satellites Almost Crashed. Here’s How They Dodged It
- How satellites, drones and VR could help tackle the Amazon fires
- India’s anti-satellite missile test just moved humanity closer to a space-junk nightmare scenario
- Before-and-after satellite photos show the staggering amount of water Hurricane Florence dumped on North Carolina
- Kenwood introduces three Android Auto head units for 2019, topping out at $1,600
- New Space Robots Will Fix Satellites, or Maybe Destroy Them
- Satellite view added to Google Maps on Android Auto head units
- Watch Live @ 7 pm ET Tonight! Learn About the Black Hole-Imaging Event Horizon Telescope
- Watch Live! Delta IV Heavy Rocket Launching US Spy Satellite @ 8:44 pm ET
- Watch Live Today! SpaceX Launching GPS III Satellite @ 8:55 am EST
- Watch Live @ 4 pm ET: Ariane 5 Rocket Launching 2 Communications Satellites for Saudi Arabia and India
- Watch Live Now! Ariane 5 Rocket Launching 2 Communications Satellites for Saudi Arabia and India
- GOES-17: America's Advanced New Weather Satellite Is Still Not Working Properly
- There’s so much junk in space that our satellites will soon be at risk
VN satellite heads ICT events for year have 1324 words, post on at December 29, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.