Ho Chi Minh City’s committee of flood and storm control called for feedback Wednesday from relevant agencies on its new prevention plan for heavy rain and flood tides in the city.
Heavy rain and flood tides have become more common in HCMC in recent years, the committee said, citing the highest flood tide on record of 1.55 meters on December 15 at Phu An station on the Sai Gon River.
The big tides and storms have caused flooding in more than 100 areas in the city and its outskirts, mostly in districts situated along rivers and canals and low-lying areas, disrupting daily life and business.
- HCMC sets up mobile teams for Covid-19 testing at home
- Man who set himself on fire was not protesting city's pandemic prevention plan: city authorities
- British PM Boris Johnson to set out plans to ease COVID-19 lockdown restrictions
- HCMC sets up quarantine wards for F1 cases in industrial parks
- HCMC sets up more Covid-19 treatment hospitals
- Monsoon is set to unleash flooding rains in drought-stricken Arizona
- White House Sets Ethics Plan for Sales of Hunter Biden’s Art
- Biden Sets Out Plan To Go ‘Door To Door’ To Urge Americans To Take COVID-19 Vaccine Shots
- HCMC takes different preventive measures against coronavirus
- Florida Gives Assurances On Addressing Toxic Red Tide
- German president to flood victims: 'Your fate has broken our hearts' — live updates
- German president to flood victims: 'Your fate has broken our hearts' — as it happened
- Lam Dong Province urged to evacuate people from flood-prone areas
- Rescue efforts as death toll rises in Germany floods — live updates
- Germany floods: Government announces financial aid for victims
- What is a ‘moon wobble’? NASA predicts it could cause worldwide flooding in 2030s
- NASA warns flooding will soon get a lot worse - thanks to the Moon and climate change
- NASA predicts a "wobble" in the moon's orbit may lead to record flooding on Earth
- NASA: Moon "wobble" in orbit may lead to record flooding on Earth
- HCMC expats try to overcome lockdown problems
HCMC sets prevention plan for flood tides have 317 words, post on at December 25, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.