It is a myth that dieting demands tasty food sacrifice. There are so many good food choices and optional cooking methods that can reduce dangerous fats and cut calories. Learn to replace fattening high calorie ingredients with healthier food products that still deliver great flavor and dieting will be easy.
Get better acquainted with spices and seasonings. They provide great flavor and can turn a bland low fat recipe into gourmet. Experiment and find out which seasonings work together for a taste of Italian, Mexican, Indian, and so on. Here is an American favorite that still has the great taste without the high fat and calories just prepared with better food choices and is oven baked instead of deep fried.
Oven Fried Chicken
Pre-heat oven 375 degrees
2 to 21/2 lbs. meaty skinless chicken pieces, rinsed and patted dry
¼ c. corn flakes, crumbed
1 T snipped fresh parsley
1/3 c. plain low fat yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 t. Worcestershire
A dash of ground red pepper flakes (optional)
Place chicken in shallow baking dish, set aside
In a small bowl combine; yogurt, garlic, Worcestershire, and red pepper flakes
Brush yogurt mixture on top chicken
In a small bowl combine; corn flake crumbs and fresh parsley
Top chicken with crumb mixture
Bake uncovered 45-50 min. (until chicken is tender and no longer pink)
~Try using this recipe substituting other meats.~
Identify the differences between food products. For example, some cheeses are healthier than others or which sauces are healthier. Do this by reading the food product labels.
Hot tip: Making your own sauces allows you to control the amount of sugar, sodium, fat and so on.
Hot tip: If you plan your meals ahead chances are you will be eating healthier.
Cheesy Rice w/ Broccoli (goes well with the fried chicken)
In a sauce pan on med high to high heat add;
2 c. chicken stock
1 c. brown rice
2 T onions, finely chopped (onion powder to taste may be substituted)
1 clove garlic, minced (garlic powder to taste may be substituted)
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Bring to a full boil
Cover and reduce heat to low for 30 minutes
Steam ¼ c fresh broccoli florets on top of the rice (do not stir in), replace the lid for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir the broccoli into rice, move into serving bowl
Top with fresh parmesan cheese
*Indian Style Cheesy Rice – use curry, saffron, peas, and carrots in place of the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes or try a version of your own.
Learn how to substitute one food product for another. For instance I use canola or olive oils for cooking in place of butter, margarine, or lard. If you don’t know what to do with the unused broccoli left-over from the cheesy rice recipe make roasted broccoli as a side dish. It’s easy and your kids will love it.
Head of broccoli, cut into florets
Drizzle with olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
A dash of sea salt
Place tossed broccoli florets on baking sheet
Roast in 375 degree oven turning once, 15-20 minutes
*Liven up snappy green beans or fresh asparagus, with 1 c. beef stock, chopped garlic, and finely chopped onion in a skillet over med heat until liquid reduces and veggies are tender not mushy.
Do not be afraid to experiment with spices, different seasonings, or to go crazy with ingredients and food products you have never tried. The recipes in this article are proof you do not have to sacrifice flavor or food when dieting. Cooking healthy is all about choice and having fun.
- Low-fat vs. low-carb: What is better for weight loss?
- Air India to serve low-fat diet to their crew
- How to get rid of visceral fat: This diet has been proven to help shed the dangerous fat
- Uric Acid diet: These foods will help you keep uric acid at normal levels
- 10 Fad Diets, Debunked
- This means raw: extreme dieting and the battle among fruitarians
- Weight loss diet: This plan will help you burn fat fast - expert reveals top tips
- How to get rid of visceral fat: Get this much sleep a night to reduce harmful belly fat
- How to get rid of visceral fat: Three drinks to avoid to reduce the harmful belly fat
- Weight loss: Diet woman used to lose incredible 16st in two years - before and after pics
- How to get rid of visceral fat: Five of the best foods to reduce the dangerous belly fat
- Keep your gut healthy: Switch to plant-based, Mediterranean diet
- All hail the Mediterranean diet: Spain declared world's healthiest nation
- Mothers-to-be who follow the olive oil-abundant Mediterranean diet 'are less likely to suffer gestational diabetes or gain weight'
- Weight loss diet: Having this drink can help you burn fat fast - expert issues warning
- Weight loss: One woman shares the diet plan which helped her shed an incredible five stone
- Did you know that a low-calorie diet does not have the same benefits for men and women?
- Here’s all you need to know about the zero belly diet
- Woman reveals how keto diet weight loss plan helped her lose 11 stone in a year
- Here's how the ketogenic diet can do wonders for your skin!
Dieting Without Sacrifice - Turn Low Fat Into Gourmet have 859 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 16, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.