Is a Distance Education Psychology Degree for you?
o Do you like working in school settings?
o Do you like advising and help students and parents?
o Do you like consulting school administrators?
o Are you interested in how people learn and process information?
If so, you may want to consider a degree in education psychology. Education psychologists work in a varied number of positions and settings. Careers include faculty positions at community colleges, and universities as well as managerial positions in education, training, testing and research. Looking for more specifics, read on!
A Typical Day Practicing Educational Psychology
Upon completion of my graduate degree I took on a position as the director of assessment and accountability in a local school district. My day usually started at 8am in the district office. I was responsible for coordinating all testing conduced by the district. This included all state mandated testing as well as local district level assessments.
To achieve this goal, I meet regularly with testing coordinators from each school, individuals responsible for making sure all testing ran smoothly at the school level. I would help them in their organization for testing, encourage discussion between schools and answer any questions from teachers, parents or students regarding testing procedures.
Additionally, I was responsible for all testing data analysis. This meant communicating testing results to students, parents, teachers and administrators. During the course of a work day, I would meet with many different parties.
I would meet with parents to talk about their student achievement concerns and to help them devise a study plan by identifying student weaknesses and areas in need of improvement. I would meet with teachers to talk about classroom instruction and areas for improvement. I would meet with school administrators to evaluate school performance, evaluate current curriculum and improve instruction.
Defining a typical day in the life of an educational psychologist is almost impossible. This degree allows for so many career options and each brings with it a vast array of tasks and projects. If you enjoy focusing on student achievement and like working with people, you should consider an education psychology program.
Where do I start?
Enrolling in a two year online master’s degree educational psychology program is the quickest way to become an educational psychologist. This type of program will introduce you to concepts such as research methodology, human learning, development, motivation and cognition.
Like in any other field of study a masters or doctorate degrees will give you the most job options and advancement opportunities. There are numerous online degree programs in education psychology to choose from. Consider obtaining you degree online if you like working from home, have a full time job, have a family or just like working in an online environment.
- Kiddie Academy seeks to tap into growing 'educational child care' market
- What Is Industrial-Organizational Psychology?
- Judge rules NCAA can't cap athlete compensation 'related to education,' neither side happy with decision
- Building Engines – Get Your Engine Education
- High School Racing Team – Not Your Typical Race Shop
- IndyCar: O’Ward, Herta enjoying IndyCar education at Sonoma
- Driveshaft Education – Power Delivery
- Seahawks have Pro Bowl punter Michael Dickson practicing drop-kicking field goals, just in case
- America’s Car Museum Teams With McPherson College to Further Automotive Restoration, Education
- The Education of Trent Brown: How Scarnecchia, Patriots players made new left tackle one of their own
- Tsitsipas and Wawrinka Win Two-Day Battles at the French Open
- What is Practice Management?
- Engine Month: Today is 421 Day! Celebrate Pontiac’s 421 Super Duty!
- City sees jump in young, college-educated residents
- SIGNING DAY CAPSULES
- WWE: Xavier Woods Reveals Future Plans For UpUpDownDown, Game Studio And More
- Fresno State QBs get tested amid unsettled o-line during first spring scrimmage
- 16 Hot Rodding Trends and Technologies – The Future Is Now!
- Metta World Peace Is Ready for His Closeup. Again.
- Metta World Peace Is Ready for His Close-Up. Again.
A Typical Day Practicing Education Psychology - Distance Education Psychology Degree have 634 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 26, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.