The LG KU990 Viewty does not officially support the user installation of new handset themes – but that hasn’t stopped Viewty owners…like me?
At present, there is no officially sanctioned way to download and install new Flash-based themes onto your LG KU990 Viewty.
Just a word of caution: I, or anyone else accepts no responsibility for any damage that hacking into your Viewty to upload a new theme will cause. Installing a new, unofficial theme using these methods may violate your Viewty’s warranty. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Backup the contents of your phone. This is vital man. Do this with a software called EFS Media Builder. This software allows you to browse and delete protected directories on your Viewty. Don’t worry, I have scouted the internet for these programs, and I’ll provide you the links to access the necessary files to get your themes up and running!
EFS Media Builder is just the tool used to access the “secret” and hidden directories on your LG Viewty. However, you’ll also need Themes Manager 3.2, which contains the various themes like iPhone, Windows Theme, Viewty and many other themes.
So what you do is access the “secret” directories I told you about, and basically install these themes into your phone.
Step 1: Download the files EFS MediaBuilder and Theme Manager 3.2
Step 2: Run EFS Media Builder, and navigate to “LGAPP/Media/swf/theme”. BACKUP “theme_bg2.swf”. If you really don’t want to fuck things up, just backup the whole damn “theme” folder.
Step 3: Choose where you want to install your theme manager.
Installing to Memory Card:
1) Install “theme_bg2.swf” into “LGAPP/Media/swf/theme” using EFS Media Builder then restart the phone once done.
2) Navigate to Settings, Phone settings, Connectivity, USB Connection mode and pick Mass Storage from the list then connect the phone to pc
3) Switch USB connection mode to Mass Storage then browse to the Memory Card/Removable Storage.
4) Drag and drop the “Themes” folder from the rar file directly to the root of the memory card.
6) Navigate to Settings, Screen, Handset theme and pick Silver from the list.
Installing to Phone Memory
1) Edit the “ThemeList.txt” file to make all custom themes point towards the phone memory (//LGAPP/Media/swf/theme/Themes)
2) Navigate to “LGAPP/Media/swf/theme” with EFS Media Builder.
3) Drag and drop “theme_bg2.swf” file and the “Themes” folder into this loction then restart the phone.
4) Navigate to Settings, Screen, Handset theme and pick Silver from the list
You need to edit the ThemeList.txt if you install to the Phone as it currently set to the memory card location. Change the ‘0’ to ‘1’ for all the themes in the ThemeList.txt file.
Step 4: Installing additional themes (if any)
Perform the following:
1) Create a new folder inside the “Themes” folder and give it a name relevant to the theme you’re about to install.
2) Drag and drop all the new theme files into the newly created folder.
3) Update “ThemeList.txt” to point towards the newly installed theme .SWF files.
So now that you’ve installed it successfully, what do you do? Run it of course. Duh!
To load the Themes Manager, double tap the “C” button (located on the actual handset) to bring up the list of available themes. Use the left and rights arrows, or use the jog wheel, to navigate through the pages and click on the theme you wish you use. Once you have a theme you wish to keep double tap “C” button again to hide the menu.
You can also swap between the built in icon styles by pressing the “Black” or “Coloured” button.
Click here to the blog thread.
- This is how LG’s next flagship smartphone may look like
- LG, Samsung, Vizio 4K TVs on sale right now for as cheap as $280
- WordPress to add auto-update feature for themes and plugins
- How do I get Disney Plus on my Smart TV? From Samsung to LG and Sony, how to download the app onto your television
- The best air conditioner deals for March 2020: LG, Frigidaire, and Honeywell
- LG V60 ThinQ first look: Affordable 5G phone with practical dual-screen system
- D-Link and Linksys routers hacked to point users to coronavirus-themed malware
- Coronavirus-themed phishing attacks and hacking campaigns are on the rise
- What to expect from smartphone makers now that MWC 2020 is canceled
- Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up to 40% off on smartphones launched this year; Echo and Kindle nearly 45% cheaper
- Franz West: generous sculptural jester
- Customers’ complaints drive big TV brands to improve functionality
- The best washer dryer combo machines for 2020
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 20
- 'If you know the words, wash along!' Liam Gallagher entertains the nation with hilarious Champagne SOAP-ernova hand-washing videos amid UK-wide coronavirus lockdown
- Setting up the ultimate home office: Picking and choosing the best gear
- How to Work with Snap Packages on Linux
- Disney Plus now streaming Frozen 2 in a coronavirus-coping surprise
- Disney Plus: Everything to know in the midst of coronavirus
- The best dehumidifiers for 2018
Install Themes on LG Viewty KU990 - KU990R have 821 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 11, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.