In a game of chess you need to be able to predict what you see before you, if you want to win the game. You can anticipate your opponent’s next move but if it deviates from your expectation, everything you planned changes.
In life you have no control of your future. It’s not guaranteed in a written game-plan that you will reach your destiny if you follow a few simple rules. Some aspects of the future are determined by what you do in life. Most of it lies in the choices you make. If you choose to smoke, it shapes your status of health for later years. If you choose to participate in extreme sports, it places limits on the length of your life every time you take a risk.
Yes! Certain aspects about the future can be shaped and the younger you start the better. Today’s youth become disenchanted very easily with the opportunities they have. You can tell a young girl or boy that youth does not last very long. But they will disagree. For many teens, youth is like an extended prison sentence. They feel trapped within a system where there seems no end to what is inflicted upon them.
The thing about shaping the future at a young age lies in the fact that you have more energy and enthusiasm. Important choices have to be made regarding a career, a partner and savings for the retirement years. Some choices will have a long term effect on you whilst others will not affect you until much later in life. And while wise choices bring happiness, success and security, unwise choices can ruin a person’s whole life.
When students are in school they need to write examinations. The results will determine whether they will advance in school or not. Given the memorandum before the examination, a student would know exactly what to expect and less, if any, mistakes would be made. It’s the same with knowing the future. You could make the necessary adjustments in your life to benefit later.
Others set the example. If you build on the knowledge and experiences of others and you imitate what is good, and avoid making the mistakes they have made, you can still mould your future. Should there be any deviations due to tragedy or misfortune, you learn to adapt and via the detour, you can still achieve happiness, success and security.
The question asked is: Are there only two choices in life: to believe in fate or to believe in God?
- Future war theatres: IAF set to get two more warning systems
- Control Creators to Address Console Problems
- Faraday Future FF91 first drive: Raw power
- Bathroom of the future? A mirror that scans your skin, a bath mat that tracks your weight and a robot that fetches toilet roll when you're caught short unveiled at CES 2020
- The progressives’ battle for control of Richmond City Council
- Toyota Plans to Build ‘City of the Future’ at the Base Of Mt. Fiji
- Toyota Plans to Build ‘City of the Future’ at the Base Of Mt. Fuji
- History is Bunk: The Future of Transportation Will Be Like Nothing You’ve Seen Before
- The best Nintendo Switch controllers for 2020
- 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping: Future or Fad?
- Elliptic Labs gesture controls and presence detection coming to your living room
- CES 2020: Tech companies unveil glimpse into the homes of the future
- Neon's 'artificial human' is a scary glimpse of the future that's (mostly) still hype
- Future of mobility: some wild rides seen ahead at tech show
- Trump in Talks With Russian FM Lavrov Calls for Including China in Global Arms Control Agreements
- Privacy, ‘anticipatory homes’, food tech and more : How CES 2020 was geared towards ‘practical futurism’
- Turning 20 in 2020: What do millennials born in 2000 think about the future?
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 To Feature Mid-Credits Scene From X-Men: Days of Future Past
- 6 Vital Ways to Future-Proof Your Smart Home
- High-tech Bundesliga: Welcome to the future
Can You Control the Future? have 658 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 13, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.