India is full of diversity be it geography, culture, factors of urbanization or the range of fabrics. Most non-cotton fabrics used in India, which was a fashion rage in the 60’s and 70’s like polyester, voile and georgette are influence of western trends. The original Indian fabric is cotton and variations in cotton include cotton wool, cotton silk and all time soft muslin or mulmul.The high export variety in cotton is doing much to promote the Indian trade. Silks come in an endless range like pure silks, ghaltas, raw silk, brocade and tussar. The gulbadan, amru and peacock tinted silks are a prized possession. Other envious types of silks come in rich kanjivarams and chanderis. Patterned, chequered or plain it is a fabric of eternal formal grace.Blends in fabrics are getting popular. The cotton silk is an ultimate comfort for the skin. Wools with cotton in cardigans are good for mild winters. Detailing and mix-n-match styles attract such blending combinations.Primarily South of India is an booming industry for textiles. Weaves and textile works go a long way in paving fashion vistas. Jute is well experimented as cutting and styling is easy. Easily pliable to suit folds and pleats jute is… Read full this story
- 'Lockdown has been a wakeup call for the industry': what next for fashion?
- JW Anderson: ‘We have to democratise fashion’
- The fashion edit: How to rock the work-from-home look!
- Good vibes! Dylon shares simple step-by-step guide to tie-dye fabrics using a bag of ICE and a T-shirt at home
- Coronavirus: Number Of Ways Fashion Giants Like LVMH Are Helping To Combat COVID-19
- ALDO's senior vice president talks inspiration, ethical fashion and new season trends
- All the Ways You Can Support Small Fashion and Beauty Businesses During the Coronavirus Crisis
- Earth Day 2020: Top 5 Eco-Friendly Outfits From The Leading Labels You Can Invest In Under INR 5000
- 6 most common jewellery mistakes you're probably making
- In France and Elsewhere, Making Face Masks Becomes a Mission
Fabrics - The Need of Every Fashion Statement have 344 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 11, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.