Spending countless of hours in front of a computer or television can give anybody eyestrain. This condition is brought about by fatigue and the loss of the eyes’ ability to focus. If left unchecked, eyestrain can cause other ailments, such as neck or back pain, or could lead to more serious eye problems, including myopia.
If your work requires you to use the computer for many hours or if your favorite past time is watching countless of reruns and reality shows on the television, then you should do something about your eyestrain. Here are some things you need to remember to help minimize, if not totally get rid of, eyestrain:
Visit Your Ophthalmologist
If you have been experiencing eyestrain often, you need to have your eyes checked by a specialist. Eyestrain can be a cause of an underlying condition or infection. Sometimes this problem can also be due to irritation or incorrect eyeglass prescription. You can even ask some doctors to give you glasses that are specifically designed to reduce eyestrain when in front of a computer screen. When it comes to health, especially that of your eyes, it is better to be sure than sorry.
Take A Break
If you stay in one position for a long time, it is common to feel muscle strain and cramps in some parts of your body. You can get rid of these cramps by moving around and changing your position. The same is true for your eyes. Since different muscles are involved with the workings of your eyes, shifting or changing the focus of your attention every so often can help relax some of your overworked eye muscles.
If you are watching TV, shifting your gaze to the ceiling or floor or closing your eyes during commercial breaks could help a lot. If you are driving, looking at the speedometer or side mirror once in a while would is a good thing to do. Lastly, if you are working or playing in front of a computer, looking outside the window every ten minutes or so can really prevent eyestrain.
Maximize Contrast And Color
Television sets and computer monitors are equipped with contrast and color controllers. You need to make sure that you maximize contrast and adjust color settings. It is important to note that poor contrast does not have crisp edges, so eyes need to focus and concentrate more to discern whatever is on the screen. The same is true with color. Using the full spectrum of colors would help reduce strain on your eyes.
If you think that flat technology is created just to make users more chic and glamorous, you are definitely mistaken. This technology is actually more eye-friendly because it greatly reduces glare. If you have the resources, it would be best to buy new flat screen for your computer and television. If you cannot afford to buy just yet, you can always rely on anti-glare screens for monitors. Furthermore, it is always good for your eyes to read on paper rather than from your PC screen.
Perform Eye Exercises
As mentioned earlier, muscles are responsible for your eye movements. Much like other muscles in your body, you also need to exercise your eye muscles. Looking from side to side, up and down or simply rotating your eyes is important in training these muscles.
Stay Away From Irritations
Another cause of eyestrain is irritations from wind, dust, a grain of sand, exposure to sunlight, and even contact with harsh ingredients. Your eyes are very sensitive so you need to wear sunglasses every time you drive or go outside to protect your eyes from the irritants enumerated above.
If you love cosmetics and other skincare products, you need to ensure that what you use on the eye area is specifically designed for sensitive skin in that region. Furthermore, some ingredients of face creams and other similar products can irritate the eyes and cause eyestrain if applied near the eyes. One anti-wrinkle cream that is ideal for use in the eye area is Eyevive. Not only will this product help reduce fine lines and crow’s feet, but it is also effective in minimizing dark circles and eyebags. For more information, visit http://www.eyevive.com/.
- Two Effective Ways to Grow Your Audience on Snapchat in 2017
- iRobot Scooba 450 Is the Most Effective Way Yet to Avoid Cleaning Your Floors
- 10 Easy Ways to Green Your Web Site
- EXPERT ADVICE Meeting the Cost-Effectiveness Test With E-Commerce Innovation
- Cyber security deployment guide to effectively safeguard systems & data
- A few quick and easy ways to help your parents use the Internet
- These language apps are almost as good as having a babelfish in your ear
- Predictive software engineering: the ultimate way to deliver working software
- ‘Mass Effect: Andromeda’ Game Ready drivers deliver performance boosts, HDR support
- 7 ways to start a VR café
- Canalys has really, really good news for Apple in the enterprise
- Powerbreather will change the way you swim and snorkel
- Chocolate Facts, Effects & History
- ‘Mass Effect: Andromeda’ performance guide
- A Shocking Way to Fix the Brain
- Flu Shot Facts & Side Effects (Updated for 2017-2018)
- Facebook is testing a pay-for messaging service, effectively putting a price on filling up your inbox
- BioWare teases next Mass Effect and a totally new IP
- A Little Extra Digital Spend in the Online/TV Ad Mix Goes a Long Way
- To Build a High-Performing Company Your Team Needs a Good Night's Sleep Every Night
Effective Ways To Ensure Good Eyesight have 899 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 2, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.