Recession? What recession?The pricey Time Warner Center mall is booming, buoyed by throngs of deep-pocketed foreign tourists and New Yorkers who snap up everything from Tourneau watches to sushi at Whole Foods Market. As sales sagged nationwide, the West Side showpiece scored sales of $300 million last year, up 15% from 2006, Crain’s New York Business reports. Foot traffic increased by 10% to more than 16 million visitors, and tourists forked over one of every six dollars spent at the Columbus Circle mall. “This is successful beyond anything that’s been done before in New York City,” Kenneth Himmel of The Related Companies, which runs the mall, told Crain’s. Join the Conversation:
- Cobb County Christmas And New Year's Eve Mall Hours
- For first time in decade, UK interest rates are due to rise
- Georgia man arrested after calling police 3 times to confess
- Does Too Much Screen Time Make Kids Sick?
- The Great Roseanne Rush: Remembering the Great Stand-up Sitcom Boom (and Bust) of the Nineties
- AEON MALL brings contest of 20-year history from Japan to Vietnam
- Lennox Mall, Sylvescreen celebrates indigenous creativity for [email protected]
- Watch: David Warner, Set To Make A Comeback, Reaches Out To SunRisers Hyderabad Fans With Special Message
- FTC Say Warner Bros Paid YouTubers For Positive Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Videos
- Bidding war begins as WA once again searches for workers to fuel a mining boom
Boom time at Time Warner Center mall have 240 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at February 24, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.