Thousands of international visitors came to Viet Nam on New Year’s Day 2008, as tourist and hospitality hot spots nationwide let loose a bevy of spectacles and treats aimed at keeping them thoroughly entertained. Ho Chi Minh City The annual welcoming ceremony greeting the first delegations of more than 500 international visitors was held at Tan Son Nhat International Airport on the first day of 2008, according to the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Tourism. The Cruise Ship Costa Allegra with 1,350 visitors from Italy and France arrived in HCMC at 8:30 am, as reported previously. Saigontourist welcomed the passengers and serviced them, providing a city tour and some slouching through the tunnels of Cu Chi. A trip to My Tho city in the Mekong was also on the cards before the ship sets sail for Da Nang, Hoi An and Hue. More than 300 visitors were guided by Fiditour and Vietravel received another 50 touros from ASEAN nations. HCMC tourism had a bustling day. The former were but a few examples of the thousands of early New-Year guests the city has received. And some five million more are expected to arrive nationwide this year, three million to visit…
- United Regional welcomes first baby of new year
- United Regional welcomes first baby of new year to Wichita Falls
- LIVE STREAM: Vero Beach High School band marches in London's New Years Day parade
- Happy Nowruz 2018! How is the Persian New Year celebrated and what’s Haft-Seen?
- New Year’s Day Is Also Emancipation Day
- Mega Millions jackpot grows -- with next drawing on New Year's Day
- A New Year's Day message from the 5 Things family
- Petra Vlhova upsets Mikaela Shiffrin in New Year's Day slalom showdown
- 7 Cultural Events Celebrating the Lunar New Year
- North Korean leader issues New Year's warning to U.S.: Don't test my patience
Viet Nam Welcomes Thousands International Visitors for First New Year's Days have 314 words, post on at January 2, 2008. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.