The French mortician who embalmed Princess Diana’s body said Tuesday he regrets he did not wait for written permission from a family member or other authority. Jean Monceau, testifying via videolink from Paris told the inquest in London’s High Court that no one ordered him to embalm the body. Monceau said he himself suggested it after Keith Moss, the British consul general in Paris, told him to prepare the body for viewing by Prince Charles, the princess’s former husband. “He told me to do what was necessary. It was not possible to present the body in the state it was,” Monceau said. Prince Charles, accompanied by Diana’s sisters, flew to Paris to claim his ex-wife’s body on Aug. 31, 1997. The 36-year-old princess had been declared dead at 4 a.m. that day following a devastating car crash in a Paris tunnel. Her boyfriend, Dodi Fayed, and driver Henri Paul were dead at the scene. Fayed’s father, Mohamed Al Fayed, has claimed that British intelligence ordered that the body be embalmed right away to destroy evidence of pregnancy. Al Fayed believes Diana was pregnant by his son and planned to marry Dodi. He believes British intelligence arranged the car crash on the… Read full this story
- Son of tourist who died Monday at Dominican resort says he's being pressured to allow cremating or embalming before body's return to US
- Paul Walker autopsy results due as coroner waits to identify body
- Hyderabad encounter: Perishing bodies worry doctors
- Prince Harry dons body armour to retrace Diana's iconic visit to Africa minefield
- Salman Khan 53rd Birthday: B-towns wishes him love for 'being human'!
- Diana Athill obituary
- Diana Athill was the sharpest of wits and finest of friends
- Diana Athill, writer and editor, dies aged 101
- Volcano ground zero: First look at unearthly White Island as SAS soldiers search for buried bodies while divers scout for missing two Kiwi tour guides
- Wife of elderly man, 71, waited to meet him in one of Sydney's busiest shopping centres and had no idea he was trapped in a nearby stairwell - where he slowly died
Mortician wishes he had waited to embalm Diana's body have 363 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at November 21, 2007. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.