Have you heard about the new High Deductible Health Insurance Plans? These new plans can offer you major medical coverage at very low prices when compared to other types of health insurance. Let’s take a look at what this type of plan is all about.
High Deductible Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
HDHPs or High Deductible Health Plans are growing rapidly as Americans look for ways to save money on health insurance. If you’re looking for low cost health insurance, and want coverage for serious injury or illness, a high deductible health plan may be just what you need.
A high deductible health plan is designed to protect you and your family from high medical costs and encourage preventative health care. If you are relatively healthy, this plan can save you a lot of money. This is how it works:
1. You choose from a selection of high deductible amounts ranging from $500 all the way up to $10,000 depending on which insurance company you are working with.
2. You agree to a health insurance plan in which you are responsible for medical costs up to the deductible amount you have chosen.
3. After you have reached your deductible amount, the insurance company agrees to cover up to 100% of your medical costs, up to the policy limits.
Choosing a high deductible health plan can reduce your monthly payments dramatically. As much as 50% in some cases. The downside of high deductible health insurance, is that you assume some of the risk for medical costs. For instance, if you were to choose a $3500 deductible, then you would be responsible to pay that amount before the health insurance begins to pay. Many of these plans offer 100% coverage once the deductible has been met, which means $3500 is the most you would have to pay in case of a serious medical issue.
High Deductible Health Insurance Quotes
Because almost all major insurance companies have made their medical plans available online, you can go shopping for health insurance any time, night or day, and find high deductible individual and family health insurance quotes in a matter of minutes.
- Help! How Do I Save For Retirement When I’m A Freelancer Living Paycheck To Paycheck?
- This Tax Strategy Can Save Entrepreneurs a Lot of Money and Build Their Confidence
- 17 Tax Tips For Your 2020 Tax Return Due May 17 For Most Taxpayers
- Concerns mount over looming surge in bankruptcy as COVID medical debt soars
- Struggling To Pay Medical Bills? New Financing Program Aims To Help
- Grateful for Aid, but Worried About What Comes Next
- As He Woos Drugmakers on Virus, Trump Demands Drug Price Controls
- 50 Habits That Will Make You a Millionaire
- The Best Veterinarians In PA: New Analysis Compares Quality, Cost
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 28
- U.S. Reports Nearly 50,000 New Coronavirus Cases, Another Single-Day Record
High Deductible Health Insurance Can Save You Lots of Money have 459 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 14, 2007. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.