Affordable health insurance in New York can be found in a variety of ways – the most ideal being through an employer-sponsored group health insurance plan. Unfortunately, employers aren’t required to provide health care benefits to their employees, and even more depressing is that some employers would actually rather not offer medical benefits than help their employees stay healthy. So, even the best job, with the best pay, can seem “not so great” if it doesn’t help you get affordable health insurance in New York.
Fortunately (yes, there is some good news), New York offers a health care program for people who can’t otherwise find affordable health insurance in New York. The program is called New York State’s Family Health Plus. Eligible individuals include adults ranging in age from 19 to 64 who make too much money (or have too many assets) to be eligible for Medicaid. However, they also don’t make enough money to purchase an individual health insurance plan, much less pay for health care out of their own pockets.
The number of children you have doesn’t matter as far as your eligibility for Family Health Plus, nor does your marital status. You can be single with children, or married with no children.
The Family Health Plus plan provides basically the same kind of health coverage you’d find with regular group or individual health insurance policies in New York. With this plan, you’ll get coverage for regular doctor visits, emergency room visits, in and out patient treatments, vision care, services and treatment for diabetics, behavioral and mental health care, and family planning.
If you can handle more good news, read on: applying for and enrolling in the Family Health Plus plan costs nothing. There are no deductibles, either! Co-payments at the time of care are all that is required of you.
Affordable health insurance in New York is just an application away. Contact the New York State Department of Insurance for application information.
- The Essential Questions for New York Democrats
- Governor Cuomo Issues Executive Order to Establish Health Insurance Exchange
- California sues Trump administration over small-business health policy
- Health care costs rise slowly for those who get insurance at work
- Americans’ Health-Care Costs Are Too Damn High, Study Finds
- Is Obamacare Gone? Trump Boasts He Has Ended the Affordable Care Act, Facts Say Otherwise
- Every Black Woman Deserves a Doula
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s tax fictions; Dem debate misfires
- Getting cleared of coronavirus cost a Miami businessman more than $3,000 after the symptoms he developed after traveling to China turned out to be flu
- The Cloak-and-Dagger Republican Obamacare Repeal Operation
- Health secretary Alex Azar won’t promise that a coronavirus vaccine would be affordable
- Liberal flip-flop: To keep or dump ObamaCare?
- Both Sides on Obamacare’s First-Day Glitches: We Told You So!
- U.S. Supreme Court takes up Democratic bid to defend Obamacare
- The Republicans Own Obamacare Now. How Many People Will They Let Suffer?
- Steve Ballmer’s new gov’t data project assumes that facts change minds
- Medicaid expansion tied to fewer maternal deaths, study says
- Coronavirus preparedness: Insurers and Medicaid need to relax prescription refills
- Can Our Democracy Survive Tribalism?
- Ten Years After the Crash, We Are Still Living in the World It Brutally Remade
Get Affordable Health Insurance In New York have 529 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 26, 2007. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.