Launched on April 24, 2004, eBay Motors has succeeded beyond anyone’s wildest expectation. The prediction that consumers were generally hesitant to purchase used autos online was completely wrong. By August 2006, eBay sold its two-millionth car. According to eBay, the milestone vehicle was a blue 2005 Jeep Liberty purchased by first-time eBay Motors buyer Kelly Joyce of Charleston, S.C. She bought it from Century Motors of Pompano Beach, Fl for $3,000 under the Blue Book suggested retail value.
Although it’s a separate site within eBay, buyers and sellers may use their same user ID and password on eBay Motors. More than half of the listings on eBay Motors are from professional dealers. The site’s listings are divided into five main categories:
– Parts and Accessories
– Passenger Vehicles
– Power Sports
– Other Vehicles
Buying Cars on eBay Nearly 450,000 used cars were sold on eBay last year. Your dream car just might be the next.
After you’ve found an auto in which you are interested, go to Edmunds.com or NADAguides.com to learn the true value of the car you are considering. This will help you place a realistic limit on your bidding.
Carefully note the car’s description. Unless otherwise stated, assume that all cars listed on eBay Motors are sold “As Is” (without a warranty). Check the reputation of the seller by carefully reading his or her feedback.
Next, click over to Carfax.com with the auto’s vehicle identification number (VIN) and plop down $19.99 to obtain a vehicle history report. This service will point out potential problems by providing the car’s history of salvage, accidents, repairs, flood damage and owner history. eBay Motors and SGS Auto offers a service where a licensed, local mechanic will inspect the car for $99.50.
Don’t be afraid to contact the seller for any clarification or questions before you bid. Finally, if you are not close enough to the seller to personally pick up the car, ensure you factor in the price of shipment by auto carrier into your bottom line. Shipping across the continental United States will generally cost around $800.00. Many dealers can arrange this for you and eBay Motors has also teamed up with a shipping company to offer this service to its community.
Selling Cars on eBay Motors Selling a car on eBay Motors is similar to listing on eBay’s regular site. A good description and pictures are important. Have the title or registration handy when creating your listing. Assume that potential buyers are going to run a vehicle history report on your car, so you should also if you are not the original owner.
Something else you may want to consider is an inspection. Pep Boys and eBay Motors have teamed up to offer a cosmetic and mechanical inspection for $24.99.
The fee structure for selling on eBay Motors is different than eBay’s regular site. There’s a flat $50.00 listing for vehicles posted to the “Boat”, “Passenger Vehicles”, and “Other Vehicles” categories ($40.00 for Motorcycles and Powersports) and a $40.00 fee if your auction receives a bid ($30.00 for Motorcycles and Powersports). eBay’s regular fee structure applies to items listed for auction in the Parts and Accessories category.
- Cubans line up to buy, sell homes under new reform
- Cuba to permit buying, selling of real estate
- Where are Vietnamese buying bitcoin?
- Commercial banks buy gold above market price
- Second set of dollar bonds fails to sell out
- Jeweller told to sell off gold reserves
- Busy buyings lift stock markets
- EBay lures big retailers in Amazon battle
- Apple selling refurbished iPads, MacBooks, and iPods on eBay?
- World Cup fans warned not to buy tickets on Ebay
- eBay eyes investments in Japan and China
- eBay earnings shine on PayPal performance
- Vietnamese currency offered for sale on eBay
- eBay, Chodientu launch new ecommerce website
- eBay, Chodientu launch new ecommerce site
- eBay revenue up but takeover weighs down profit
- eBay may use Skype money for acquisitions: CEO
- U.S. states probe eBay cyber attack as customers complain
- China's Alibaba to pass Amazon, eBay in transaction value: executive
- eBay invests in Vietnam's online market
How to Buy and Sell on eBay Motors have 663 words, post on ezinearticles.com at January 6, 2007. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.