Even as adults, there are some who have great difficulty when it comes to the co-ordination needed for sports like baseball. This is where basic baseball drills or sports drills can help even the most inept adult player. For some of these individuals, having to catch a ball can be a daunting task and considered unpleasant. The reason for this feeling of dread is the lack of basic skills that drills or practice can help improve. While some people just seem to have a phobia about sports in general and being involved even at a basic unorganized level is just to painful a consideration.
The problem with just ignoring basic play is that we end up losing yet another part of the child within us. Further, if we have kids, we tend to shy away from playing things that are uncomfortable for us, thereby possibly passing on our problem to our children. This is a pity as with just a little practice, anyone can go out and enjoy getting involved in a a sport. Practice drills will NOT make us everyday work- a- day people into superstars or national league players, but it will allow us the benefit of being active, being with friends, and being involved without the pain of embarrassment.
A good place to start, as with anything is at the beginning. Get yourself a comfortable baseball glove. Believe it or not, I actually prefer getting my gloves at the local thrift shop. The reason for this is the usually these haven’t been abused but have been broken in well enough that they’re soft and supple. So they’re comfortable and cheap!
Get two and find someone in your family or a friend who just wants to throw a ball around. When starting out, I suggest using a a softball mainly because it’s a bigger target to catch. It’s also a little heavier and will build up your throwing arm while also being somewhat softer. A softball is just more squishy and is more player friendly especially when the baseball tossing starts to heat up and get faster and harder. No sense in bruising your hand with that fast pitch!
Another good practice drill is batting. Here, I suggest just going to the local batting cage and start out slow. The batting machines can be adjusted to almost any level or ability. Start slow with the goal to just hit or make contact with the ball. The idea here is to increase your eye hand and motion coordination while having a little fun. As you get better, have the speed increased and you’ll be batting a thousand as they say in no time.
So don’t let inability stand in your way of making some great memories this summer. Get out there and be a part of America’s sport…Baseball!
- ‘Drill’ music machete gang members were invited onto Tim Westwood’s YouTube channel
- Drill rappers ordered to inform police before recording or performing songs
- Drill rappers handed UK court restrictions on lyrics and videos
- Drill rappers handed court restrictions on lyrics and videos
- London drill music gang to be sentenced for machete attack plan
- Phillies fan makes incredible one-handed baseball catch while holding a baby
- Ready Player One director Steven Spielberg says it’s time for a woman to play Indiana Jones
- Manchester United and Man City players are causing problems for Belgium
- Locked up: members of London 'drill' rap gang caught with machetes and baseball bats on way to attack rivals
- Youths can improve baseball skills at academies
- London gang who rapped about stabbing rivals banned from making more music
- Machete gang who appeared on Tim Westwood’s YouTube channel banned from making violent drill music videos
- Canadian hockey bus crash: Victims identified as son of former NHL player, respected coach
- Drill music gang bragged about moped stabbings on YouTube, court hears
- Gang banned from 'violent drill music'
- Drill rap machete gang sentenced
- Drill music gang banned from mentioning 'death or injury' on YouTube in 'first order of its kind'
- Still on YouTube: machete gang's violent 'drill' video shown in court
- South Korea's Choo makes MLB All-Star debut at age 36
- Guerrero grateful to be inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame
Baseball Drills That Can Make Even Your Mom into a Player! have 691 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 20, 2006. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.