(CPV) – The appearance of online newspapers has upset many traditional concepts of press and publication. Online newspapers can overcome obstacles of space, time and national border.
Aware of the importance of the press, the websites of Que Huong, Lao Dong, Nhan Dan Newspapers, Communist Party Magazine and Communist Party of Vietnam Online Newspaper were launched on the Internet to provide readers with updated information.
Online newspapers in Vietnam can be divided into two kinds: print-based online and independent online newspapers. Print-based online newspapers are at nhandan.org,vn, laodong.com.vn, Thanhnien online and Tuoitre online. As up September, 2005, 73 online newspapers and websites had been authorized to operate by the Ministry of Culture and Information.
Independent online newspapers are the Communist Party of Vietnam Online Newspaper, and newspapers under businesses such as VietnamNet (VASC Company, Post and Telecommunications Corporation), VnExpress (FPT Company, the Ministry of Science and Technology). The Communist Party of Vietnam Online Newspaper is an official organ of the Party Central Committee. At first, the others were established to promote the trademarks of the businesses. They have since developed into online newspapers.
The Communist Party of Vietnam Online Newspaper was set up 5 years ago. It provides official points of view, policies on interior and foreign affairs of the Communist Party of Vietnam; propagates Marxism, Leninism, and Ho Chi Minh ideology; discusses events under the Party’s point of view; and provides information about the Communist Party of Vietnam.
Professional performance for online newspapers
Printed newspapers require distribution and time for publication. But news online can be continuously updated throughout the day. What are the differences in professional performance between online newspapers and printed newspapers?
Correspondents for online newspapers must type news on portable computers and send it to their head offices. Correspondents for printed newspapers can come back to their offices to write. News on online newspapers is updated quickly.
Immediate and brief information
It is said that the culture of readers of online newspapers is different from that of printed ones. Readers can skim through headlines of news and move on quickly; however, the eyes of people who read online newspapers tire faster. Therefore, online news articles must have strong headlines. It is necessary to use a minimum of words but express a maximum of information.
News on online newspapers is a result of close and harmonious cooperation between many groups. For example, the storm No8 that hit Central Vietnam, the Editorial Board of the CPV Online Newspaper assigned some correspondents to central provinces to cover the situation, some to the National Centre of Hydrometeorology to collect documents on previous storms, technicans to draw diagrams and illustrate pictures and secretaries to collect information sent by correspondents, collaborators and readers.
How to improve professional characteristics of online newspapers?
Firstly, it is necessary to build a staff of correspondents and editors who have firm political spirit and can work independently, they can provide news quickly.
Secondly, it is imperative to improve the quality of the management on online newspapers, and the scope of the roles of the editor-in-chief and editorial board. They must be familiar with information technology; able to appraise information sent by reporters and collaborators, and make a plan for information. Training courses must be regularly held for correspondents and editors. And it is essential to strengthen the leadership of party organizations, improve the quality of party activities and admit party members in to offices of online newspapers.
Thirdly, the content and form of the front-page needs to be changed regularly to meet the increasing demands of readers.
Fourthly, it is necessary to improve the patriotism of online newspapers. There has been distorted news about the Party, State, democratic and religious issues on the Internet. There is a need for writing critizing views of hostile forces.
Fifthly, press management offices need to complete laws to create legal corridor for the operation of online newspapers.
Finally, beside Vietnamese and English pages, online newspapers should open pages in Chinese, French and Japanese to provide information about Vietnam to readers all over the world
Tran Doan Tien
- Kayli Stollak and her grandmother join forces to try online dating
- Computer hackers shut down Al Qaeda's online network: report
- The teacher quality conundrum: If they are the problem, why are kids gaining in math?
- YouTube to open professional studio for creators in New York City
- Nine characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- Facial characteristics could help find origins of autism, researchers hope
- Symptoms described by Jerry Seinfeld are characteristic of autism spectrum: doctor
- Negative online reviews can actually help businesses
- Online weapons dealer who sold handgun used in Virginia Tech massacre goes out of business
- Kids with food allergies, weight problems are more likely to face bullying: study
- Lawmakers' revolt sinks book deal, newspaper bill
- Donald Trump voter fraud commission ignores real problem
- University of Louisville student newspaper shouldn't pay for James Ramsey's sins | Gerth
- Bashful? Pfizer to begin selling Viagra directly to patients online
- How do we prevent future Stephen Paddocks? After Vegas, way forward fraught with problems.
- Are we winning the war on drugs? Portugal's choice to decriminalize brought on new problems
- N.J. newspapers to lose $20 million if bill passes
- Trying to quit smoking? Join an online support group
- Paris prosecutor: Nice attacker searched online for Islamic State
- Ferrari crashed by soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo put up for auction online
Problems in improving professional characteristics of online newspapers have 872 words, post on at January 17, 2006. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.