Well we are hardly through with the 2005 Hurricane season. We appear to be on track to beat the NOAA Scientific Predictions and Weather Forecasts. This year we had record breaking Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita and had 17 Named Storms up to that point. Of the Hurricanes this year only two were topical depressions the rest were either Tropical Storms or Full-on Hurricanes. In fact two Hurricanes; Both Katrina and Rita, reached Category V and now go down in the record books as the fourth and fifth most powerful Hurricanes recorded in the Atlantic Ocean.
The weather forecasters originally called for 13 named storms this Hurricane Season, then up graded that when Hurricane Season got a two-week head start on us. Now they are predicting 18-21 named storms in the Atlantic this Hurricane Season, however we are only three storms away and still have a month and almost 40% left to go in the season.
What Hurricane Names are Left? The only names left now are; Tammy, Vince and Wilma. There is a good possibility that we will have used up four more names before we end October? One or two may even become a Hurricanes like the recent Hurricane Stan which killed 70 people in Mexico before it hit Veracruz and headed into the mountains for more torrential rain and flooding?
The upgraded forecasts are for there to be Hurricanes to 18-21 Tropical Named Storms, with 9 to 11 Hurricanes and of those Hurricanes 5-7 would be Category III or higher. They predicted a double the normal amount of named storms for the 2005 Hurricane. Soon we will be out of names and go to the Greek Alphabet; Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc.; in fact we will most likely run out of name well before the switch to daylight savings times. You can bet that the Weather Scientists are watching closely as this 2005 Hurricane Season shatters all records from past periods. Think on this.
- A look back as the surprisingly active 2018 Atlantic hurricane season ends
- Major Storms, Deaths and Billions in Damage: 2018 Hurricane Season Ends
- Marriott International Names Crestline Hotels & Resorts to Its Prestigious 2018 Partnership Circle
- Hurricane season isn't over: There's a new area to watch in the Atlantic
- Tropical storm possible in Atlantic in next few days, hurricane center say
- Hurricane-ravaged Florida county allowed 150 ‘displaced’ persons to vote by email
- Hurricane forecasters tracking disturbance in Atlantic
- Hillsborough School Board to Consider New Names for Lee Elementary
- Both people and cities making hurricanes worse, including Katrina, say new studies
- County Council names Chung chairman
- 2018 Central Pacific hurricane season wraps up today
- Weather Blog: 2018 Hurricane Season Recap
- Florida's 2018 hurricane season will be remembered for Hurricane Michael
- New County Council sworn in; Chung names lava recovery as the top priority
- NOPD names ‘person of interest’ in homicide of rapper Young Greatness
- Hurricane Florence, Anthony Bourdain Among 2018's Most Googled Topics
- Galveston residents weigh in on hurricane levee proposal that some call "a really bad, bad plan"
- CBS News's David Begnaud reveals he has Tourette's syndrome and that it has made him who he is today
- Inside the NHL: Skinner trade tops bizarre string of moves by Hurricanes' new sheriffs
- Gwen Graham named to 3-year-term on Tallahassee ethics board
Hurricane Names News have 513 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 5, 2005. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.