1. Have A Strong Constitution – Justices deliver decisions by interpreting the U.S. Constitution. Never let the challenges of running your small business overwhelm your judgment.
2. Trust Your Beliefs – Members of the Court maintain supreme confidence in their opinions. Know your core values, and let them serve each day as your guiding light.
3. Treat Everyone With Respect – Justices take an oath to “do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and… faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties…” Hold yourself to the highest standards in dealings with customers/clients, employees and suppliers.
4. Address One Thing – The Court receives 7,000 appeals each year, accepts about 100, then disposes them one at a time. Focus on your most important issue before moving on to the next.
5. Listen First – In your small business, as in court, be sure to listen before deciding, especially when dealing with employees and speaking with prospective customers/clients.
6. Be Decisive – Stick with your decision, unless things change and overturning it is necessary.
7. Majority Rules – Five concurring votes determine a Supreme Court ruling. Don’t wait to make a decision until you’re 100 percent certain; when your instinct reaches a majority, move forward.
8. Dissent Is Healthy – Justices who disagree with the majority may write dissenting opinions. Encouraging your team to voice their opinions – regardless of whether they agree with you – will lead you to better decisions.
9. Seek The Best – We view Supreme Court justices as our nation’s top legal minds. Always hire the brightest employees, regardless of the position…and be patient finding them.
10. Skip The Critics – Justices adhere to their interpretations regardless of political pressure, public opinion or media hype. Keep negative people away from your decision-making process.
11. Dress Appropriately – Justices’ robes represent the honor of their position. Whatever the attire and décor for your small business, uphold the standards for everyone on your team.
Copyright © 2005 by Success Handler, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Small business owners spending an extra day cleaning each month because of coronavirus
- Small business owners worry about new California shutdown: 'This coming lockdown will pretty much put us out'
- Sen. Cruz Urges U.S. Supreme Court To Hear Emergency Appeal On Pennsylvania Election Challenge
- Philadelphia City Council Bill Meant To Ease Life For Small Businesses Struggling During Pandemic
- Paycheck protection fund empty, but many Acadiana business owners still need relief from COVID-19 shutdown
- Small Businesses Less Confident Than Ever as Many Fear Impacts of Biden Administration, Lack of Stimulus
- The best desktop computers for small businesses in 2020
- The Supreme Court Has a Long History of Thwarting Democracy. Justice Amy Coney Barrett Is About to Add to It.
- Supreme Court REJECTS Republican plea to overturn Joe Biden's victory in Pennsylvania without even hearing it - as Donald Trump's campaign admits his only chance now is to get Congress to void Electoral College
- 'The Supreme Court let us down': Trump rages after SCOTUS rejects Texas AG's bid to overturn Biden's election victory and pardoned Roger Stone joins Proud Boys and hundreds protesting the outcome in Washington
- Texas AG files Hail Mary legal bid to overturn Joe Biden's victory by asking Supreme Court to rule out millions of 'unconstitutional' mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia and Wisconsin
- Supreme Court sees new requests for religious COVID-19 carve-outs
- Melissa Zarda Fought for Her Gay Brother at the Supreme Court—and Won a Landmark LGBTQ Rights Victory
- Skeptical Supreme Court justices quiz Trump administration on bid to remove illegal immigrants from the Census results with Amy Coney Barrett saying history 'really cuts against your position'
- Supreme Court to hear plea to declare 1975 emergency unconstitutional
- Black Sunday Holiday Expo Showcases Small Businesses With Big Ambitions
- Local leaders move forward on deals to curb the 'brain drain' for small businesses in Baton Rouge
- COVID-19 Relief In Pittsburgh: Corporations Received Millions In PPP While Small Businesses Struggled To Secure Loans
- The Hill Interview: House Small Business Committee chair and ranking member
- ‘Everything’s Different’: Cyber Monday Sales Helping Local Small Businesses Stay Afloat During Pandemic
11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From The Supreme Court have 651 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 10, 2005. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.