Microsoft SQL Server is the leader for inexpensive and middle size SQL solutions. Plus it is now capable to serve large enterprise on Microsoft Windows platform. Crystal Reports is the most flexible tool on the market and it has market recognition. Multiple software vendors offer Crystal Reports as the main reporting tool: Microsoft, Best Software, Oracle to name a few.
Sometimes developers try to use Crystal directly to pull data from multiple database platforms – we understand the need to give you additional tips to increase Crystal report flexibility. Also common case when Crystal report should pull data from multiple database platforms. Assuming that you are creating Crystal Reports on Windows platform – we recommend you to use Microsoft SQL Server as a database access tool.
1. Use Crystal when you have your query tuned – regardless how good Crystal Reports is – it is reporting tool – not querying environment. Tune your query first and be sure that you are pulling the right data.
2. Use SQL Server Linked Servers. Use professional tool, such as Microsoft SQL Server, where you can create linked servers to Oracle, Ctree, Btrieve, MS Access, Unidata, DB2 and other platforms.
3. Use Distributed Queries – in the case of SQL Server – research the possibilities with OPENQUERY, OPENROWSET clauses to connect to non-SQL Server linked servers.
4. Create Stored Procedures – when you need parameters to be transferred to the SQL statement – you need stored procedure. You need stored proc if temp tables are required to do intermediate job in your SQL query.
5. Report Flexibility – when you have report based on the SQL view or stored proc – if you need to modify the data query – you don’t have to change the report – you change your SQL view/ stored procedure.
6. Create SQL Query to probe the data – again – we always recommend tuning your query and see that you are getting adequate results – in any case – Crystal Report is just a nice tool to show the results of your query.
Happy customizing, querying and designing! if you want us to do the job – give us a call 1-866-528-0577! [email protected]
- Report: Microsoft developing tech to stream Xbox games to PC, phones
- Visual Studio Code: How Microsoft's 'any OS, any programming language, any software' plan is paying off
- Popular Gaming Systems Recover From Reported 'Lizard Squad' Hack
- Backdoor found in Webmin, a popular web-based utility for managing Unix servers
- Microsoft beats revenue expectations as pandemic continues to fuel sales
- Clever attack uses SQLite databases to hack other apps, malware servers
- Microsoft made a giant climate pledge one year ago — here’s where it’s at now
- Russian Hackers Accessed Microsoft Users’ Accounts By Guessing Passwords In SolarWinds Cyberattack, Investigators Say
- Cloud computing success boosts Microsoft results yet again
- Could 5G edge computing become 5G’s saving grace? [Status Report]
- Xbox, Surface, and cloud once again boost Microsoft’s Q2 earnings
- SolarWinds patches vulnerabilities that could allow full system control
- Best iPhone VPN of 2021
- Leaked image reveals future Intel exascale chips with PCIe 5.0 and DDR5 memory
- The best antivirus software for 2021
- Google discloses cloud results for first time, as it looks beyond search
- Google discloses more on cloud business as it looks beyond search
- Google Claims North Korean Hackers Penetrate Security Researchers’ ‘Up-to-Date Windows 10 Versions’
- Stack Overflow: Here's what happened when we were hacked back in 2019
- Industry Group Accuses Nvidia of Twisting TPCx-BB Benchmark Results
Crystal Reports - Microsoft SQL Server have 545 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 21, 2005. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.