People and Technology: MicroStrategy Inc. Home Base: Vienna, Virginia Year Founded: 1989 advertisement advertisement Monday afternoon in a ballroom at a Marriott in Falls Church, Virginia: This is the first day of boot camp, a grueling six-week introduction to MicroStrategy’s business model and technology. Forty such events are scheduled this year. The first day always ends the same way: with a welcome from Michael Saylor, the company’s 35-year-old CEO. “Heaven for me,” Saylor once quipped to the “Washington Post,” “is a microphone and a captive audience.” He walks to the front of the room. With his sweater-vest, open collar, and dark hair, he could easily pass as a boot camper himself. Or a young whiz-kid professor. He picks up the microphone and looks out on row after row of new hires. Heaven. Walk into virtually any young, Web-based company, and you’ll find a dynamic leader, or someone who’s trying to be one. Saylor, however, is the genuine article. Employees feed off of his passion and dedication as well as his confidence in ideas — such as the one that he calls a “personal-intelligence network.” Saylor matter-of-factly describes a future in which an intelligent wireless network will tell you which way… Read full this story
- Why Everyone Is Hating on IBM Watson—Including the People Who Helped Make It
- Technology: Cruxy Presents Suzanne Vega (Virtually)
- ACLU sues federal government over surveillance from facial recognition technology
- Facebook Swears It Won't Use Its New Powerful Face Recognition to Suggest 'People You May Know'
- Toyota and Mazda enter into technology partnership
- Toyota and Mazda enter official technology partnership
- Rob Manfred: Technology for robot umps is improving
- You Want Me to Buy Your Green Technology? Then Show Me the Money
- Carlos Ghosn: 'Disruptive Triangle' of technologies promises opportunity to improve quality of life for billions
- Tata Motors realigns people strategy to be leaner and stronger
People and Technology – MicroStrategy Inc. have 324 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 31, 2000. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.