By Sky in Italy
Last Updated: 15/07/19 10:09pm
Juventus have agreed a deal with Ajax for the signing of Netherlands centre-back Matthijs de Ligt, according to Sky in Italy.
The 20-year-old will arrive in Turin on Tuesday night and will undergo a medical on Wednesday in a deal worth £67.5m (€75m) including bonuses.
The Serie A champions have already agreed personal terms with De Ligt’s agent, Mino Raiola, with the defender set to sign a five-year deal worth £10.8m-a-year plus bonuses during his time in Turin.
- Transfer Talk: Lukaku’s value assessed, how Griezmann fits at Barca and is Villa’s spending spree risky?
Last week, Ajax released a statement claiming De Ligt did not travel with the rest of the squad to Austria for their pre-season camp because he is “awaiting a possible transfer”.
“We’re about to close De Ligt’s transfer,” said Ajax director Marc Overmars on Monday. “We’re waiting for the latest bank guarantees before confirming the deal. We’re hoping it will work out as soon as possible, but we’re hopeful it will be.”
De Ligt – Ajax’s youngest-ever captain – led the Eredivisie club to a domestic league and cup double last season, as well as taking them to the Champions League semi-finals in which they lost to Tottenham in the final seconds in Amsterdam.
Juve have already signed another young centre-back this summer in 21-year-old Turkey international Merih Demiral, brought in from Sassuolo, as Andrea Barzagli departed the club after eight seasons.
Follow the Summer Transfer Window on Sky Sports
Sky Sports News is home to three new shows dedicated to bringing you the very latest news from this summer’s transfer market.
Start your day with Good Morning Transfers at 9am as our team of reporters and pundits bring you the latest news and insight. Transfer Talk then follows at midday, delivering the biggest stories that matter to you. And join us at 7pm for the definitive round-up of the day’s news with The Transfer Show.
And as well as tuning into Sky Sports News, don’t miss a thing with our dedicated Transfer Centre blog.
There’s also the Transfer Talk Podcast, the daily UK, Regional and European Paper Talk, plus features across skysports.com and the Sky Sports app.
- Ajax’s Hakim Ziyech to join Chelsea in 40m-euro deal
- Ajax's Ziyech to join Chelsea in 40m-euro deal
- Ex-Liverpool star Emre Can seals £21m Borussia Dortmund transfer… just 18 DAYS after joining from Juventus on loan
- Juventus set to offer Man Utd £125m package for Paul Pogba transfer – including Adrien Rabiot AND Aaron Ramsey
- Matthijs de Ligt Laughs at Cristiano Ronaldo's 'Bid' to Recruit Him for Juventus
- How Juventus could line-up under Pep Guardiola with Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Leroy Sane up front
- Ziyech’s move to Chelsea could spark Ajax mass exodus with up to EIGHT transfers away in summer – including van de Beek
- Inter Milan ‘confident’ of landing Tahith Chong after offering Man Utd starlet five-year contract worth £6m
- Greg Olsen: Seattle Seahawks sign former Carolina Panthers tight end on one-year deal
- Liverpool duo Alisson and Van Dijk join Messi and Ronaldo in FIFA World XI
- Chelsea loanee set to join Serie A side in Summer: Good deal for all parties?
- Chelsea sell Mario Pasalic to Atalanta for £12.5m transfer fee after NEVER playing match for club in SIX years
- Chelsea's Mario Pasalic set to join Atalanta for £12.5m in summer
- Man Utd anger Roma after ramping up Chris Smalling’s fee by £5m to leave permanent transfer in doubt
- Chelsea joined by Inter Milan in transfer race for Dries Mertens with striker available on FREE from Napoli in summer
- Can Winston Churchill’s grandson save Serco? And is it worth saving?
- Moviefone, Worth 1% of Its Former Value, Is Being Run by One Employee After Parent Company’s Bankruptcy
- Moviefone, worth 1% of its former value, being run by 1 employee after parent company’s bankruptcy
- Rumour Has It: Man Utd to beat Chelsea in Sancho race, Pochettino eyeing Red Devils job
- Matuidi set for another season at Juve after revealing contract option
Matthijs de Ligt to join Juventus from Ajax in deal worth £67.5m have 709 words, post on www.skysports.com at June 19, 1600. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.