- Industry promotion improves labor productivity
- S. Korean gov't says to keep Kaesong Industrial Complex open
- Three thermal power plants for Mekong Delta province
- Work begins on biggest northern soft drink plant
- CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS PROJECT FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX IN DAI LOC DISTRICT, QUANG NAM PROVINCE. CODE: HT 09-09
(VOV) – Russia is scheduled to hand over its second Kilo-class submarine named Ho Chi Minh City to Vietnam later this month.
- Hanoi Kilo- 636 submarine arrives at Cam Ranh Bay
- Hanoi kilo submarine to enter operation on January 3
- First kilo submarine heading to Cam Ranh seaport
Russia’s largest news agency RIA Novosti quoted a spokesperson of the Russia Military-Industrial Complex (MIC) as saying a document to this effect will be signed in St. Petersburg in late January.
The second submarine is being given a test run, and after it passes technical tests, it will be transported to an unknown place in Vietnam via the Baltic Sea.
The first vessel, named Hanoi, was transported to Vietnam’s Cam Ranh port and was launched on January 3. It made the first maiden voyage on January 8 and returned to Cam Ranh port safely after a four-hour technical test.
RIA Novosti reported Russia is due to hand over the third such sub to Vietnam in 2014.
Vietnam is purchasing six Russia submarines under a 2009 contract signed during Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung’s visit to Moscow.