The U19 National Football Championship 2014 will officially kick-start on February 9, with the participation of 21 teams competing in four groups.
Footballers will play in rounds for points. The best eight teams will be selected to compete in the final round, according to the Vietnam Football Federation.
- Da Nang’s Spanish striker suspended for ‘brutal’ attack on Hai Phong defender
- Transsexuals banned from Vietnam women’s football competition
- V-League 2015: Hoang Anh Gia Lai fined for allowing fireworks in stadium
- Vietnam Football Federation, Man City to discuss future plan
- VN Football Federation, Man City discuss future plans
These teams will then be divided into two groups, singling out the two best teams to vie for the title.
The qualifying round is scheduled to take place from February 9 to March 3, while the final one is planned for March 9-19.
The annual tournament aims to pave the way for young and talented football players to develop their skills.
Outstanding domestic footballers will be selected for the Under-19 national football team to participate in the upcoming Asian U19 Football Championships in Myanmar.-VNA