HA NOI (VNS) — Vo Thi Thu Thuan scored a double victory at the ongoing seventh ParaGames in Myanmar by winning gold medals in the womens F42-class shot put and javelin events.
Thuans best attempt in shot put was 7.23m, while her longest throw in the javelin event was 21.15m.
- Vietnamese powerlifter seizes gold, breaking Asian record
- Viet Nam Bags 12 More Golds but Lose 2nd Place at Asean Paragames
- National Office of Intellectual Property of Viet Nam held a workshop on "strengthening Intellectual Property ecosystem through exploiting the trademark"
- Meeting marks 65 years of VN- Hungary diplomatic ties
- Art & Entertainment News 5/2
In weightlifting, Dang Thi Linh Phuong won the gold medal in the womens 50kg event by lifting a total of 85kg, shattering the previous Games record of 78kg.
At the end of the second day, Viet Nam has 21 gold medals and is ranked third, behind Indonesia and Thailand.
Today, sportspersons participating in the athletics and swimming events are expected to win more gold medals for the country, while those competing in chess and table tennis also promise to bring home gold medals. —VNS