VGP – Viet Nam commits to nuclear energy development for peaceful purposes in order to support its sustainable development strategy, said Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung.
The Government chief made the statement while meeting with Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Ha Noi on January 8.
PM Dung called for IAEA’s more assistance for Viet Nam to develop nuclear power, apply nuclear energy in healthcare and agriculture, train staff, and design relevant institutions and policies.
- Iran's Zarif says differences remain in nuclear talks with major powers
- IAEA soon finalizes Iran’s nuclear program investigation
- Iran’s nod to IAEA monitor rights sets path for nuclear deal
- IAEA says Iran uranium stockpile reduced, but questions remain
- US, Iran presidents issue warnings as nuclear talks extended
Director General Yukiya Amano said his visit to Viet Nam aims to further enhance the bilateral cooperation between IAEA and the Southeast Asian country.
He praised Viet Nam’s active role in boosting global nuclear security and safety as well as its accession to a series of international nuclear conventions.
Mr. Yukiya Amano affirmed that greater cooperation between IAEA and Viet Nam would contribute to realizing the UN-led Millennium Development Goals./.
By Huong Giang