VGP – Viet Nam commits to nuclear energy development for peaceful purposes in order to support its sustainable development strategy, said Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung.
The Government chief made the statement while meeting with Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Ha Noi on January 8.
PM Dung called for IAEA’s more assistance for Viet Nam to develop nuclear power, apply nuclear energy in healthcare and agriculture, train staff, and design relevant institutions and policies.
- Foreign relation work of the Party and State of Viet Nam in 2014 and key foreign relation tasks in 2015
- VN pledges to push nuclear-weapon-free zones
- US Secretary of State Kerry meets with Iran foreign minister
- Vietnam pledges to push for nuclear weapons free zones
- Vietnam pledges to boost nuclear weapon-free zone
Director General Yukiya Amano said his visit to Viet Nam aims to further enhance the bilateral cooperation between IAEA and the Southeast Asian country.
He praised Viet Nam’s active role in boosting global nuclear security and safety as well as its accession to a series of international nuclear conventions.
Mr. Yukiya Amano affirmed that greater cooperation between IAEA and Viet Nam would contribute to realizing the UN-led Millennium Development Goals./.
By Huong Giang