The funds will help the poor farmers—exemplars of tenancity and persistence— enjoy a happier Lunar New Year (Tet) Festival.
(VOV) – A January 10 Ho Chi Minh City Association of Farmers initiative has raised more than VND26 billion on behalf of poor farmers.
- Vietnam’s electronic industry: tidbits go to foreign firms
- Cramming into pint-sized houses in Ho Chi Minh City
- Discover World Class Event for Electronics Manufacturing Advancement at NEPCON Vietnam 2015
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News- September 16
- List of waiting heart patients long because of lacking doctors, equipment
The municipal Association of Farmers’last five years of activities have received wholehearted support from generous donors including enterprises, organisations, and individuals.
Nghe An Province hosted a similar event in the evening of the same day, distributing donations to disadvantaged local families ahead of the Lunar New Year Festival (Tet).
The response to the provincial People’s Committee’s fundraising calls a month earlier totalled VND9 billion, donated by 119 individuals and organisations.
After running the programme for three consecutive years, the province has mobilised VND217 billion to assist local people in need.