After a startling price hike in December, gas price was reduced by VND 43,000 (USD2.03) per 12-kilo canister beginning from January 1.
Gas traders attribute the price decrease to the fall in prices in the world market for January, to around USD1,015 per tonne, USD147.5 per tonne down from the month before.
- Vietnam province warns officials for not drinking locally made Saigon beer
- Vietnam signs bilateral tourism cooperation agreements with Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar
- Transport companies yet to lower fares despite fuel price cuts
- Annual int’l travel expo to take place in Ho Chi Minh City next week
- Ho Chi Minh City expanded water plant officially inaugurated
In December, domestic gas prices increased by between VND70,000 and VND80,000 (USD3.31 to USD3.78) per 12-kilo canister, due to the sharp price increases in the world market.
That was considered by many the largest price hike in 2013.