After a startling price hike in December, gas price was reduced by VND 43,000 (USD2.03) per 12-kilo canister beginning from January 1.
Gas traders attribute the price decrease to the fall in prices in the world market for January, to around USD1,015 per tonne, USD147.5 per tonne down from the month before.
- Ho Chi Minh City to measure all households’ power consumption remotely by 2020
- FDI companies recruit thousands of employees in HCMC
- Taiwanese investor to add $18bn to multibillion-dollar steel project in central Vietnam
- Southern Vietnam province axes 37 foreign projects: report
- Plan to get people back on to the rails
In December, domestic gas prices increased by between VND70,000 and VND80,000 (USD3.31 to USD3.78) per 12-kilo canister, due to the sharp price increases in the world market.
That was considered by many the largest price hike in 2013.