- Social Headlines January 3
- For national independence, freedom, and sacred territorial integrity of the Fatherland, be worthy of the people's confidence and trust
- Young nurse who defies superstition to rescue newborn from live burial
- Poverty reduction policies questioned
- The PPC Chairman sends a congratulation letter to the Spanish Ambassador to Vietnam on the National Day of Spain
The southern province of Ben Tre held a ceremony to mark the 55th anniversary of Cuba’s National Day (January 1) in Luong Hoa commune, Giong Trom district, on January 1.
Secretary of the Giong Trom Party Committee Vo Van Phe recalled 30 years of twin relations between Luong Hoa commune and Cuba ‘s Moncada village, where the Cuban Revolution against the dictatorship of Batista began.
The Hinba Bonita cow farm in Moncada was named “Ben Tre village”, while Luong Hoa also has another name as “Moncada”.
Every year, people in Cuba ‘s Ben Tre village celebrate Lunar New Year and other traditional festivals of Vietnam as well as the General Uprising Day (January 17, 1960) of Ben Tre province, he said.
The secretary wished the two villages’ relations will continue to flourish with more cultural exchanges to educate the revolutionary tradition for Vietnamese and Cuban young generations.
Cuban Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Bernabe Garcia Valido thanked the province for organising the ceremony and expressed his hope that the two countries’ ties will be tightened and Luong Hoa commune will reap numerous achievements in the future.-VNA