(VOV) – The Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City on January 8 signed a Direct Aid Program (DAP) for 11 projects to be carried out in southern Vietnam.
DAP is a small scale aid program for individuals, communities, non-governmental organizations and others to promote development in Vietnam.
- Australian Consulate-General provides medical equipment to Vietnam hospital
- Australia donates child healthcare equipment to Khanh Hoa
- Australia gives child healthcare equipment to Khanh Hoa Hospital
- Australian Government funds medical equipment to Khanh Hoa General Hospital
- Australian support for Vietnamese community projects
The 11 projects will be implemented in HCM City, Danang city, Can Tho City, and Quang Nam, Kien Giang, Soc Trang and Ben Tre provinces, spanning various areas, from community health care and education to infrastructure construction, with a total investment of AUD 130,000.
Consul-General John McAnulty expressed hope small scale projects will contribute to reducing poverty and bringing positive changes to beneficiary localities.
DAP is part of large scale projects using non-refundable aid worth estimated US$159 million from the Australian Government for 2013-14.