Nhan Dan – The 2014 Book Road Festival, themed ‘Ho Chi Minh City – My beloved city’, is scheduled to take place along the city’s main streets from January 28 to February 3.
The books in the festival will be divided into four categories: ‘Books and Culture’, ‘Books and Knowledge’, ‘Books and Vietnam’s sovereignty’ and ‘Favourite Books’.
- Thua Thien-Hue: VND 129 billion for restoring relic site
- Part 3: People’s right to enjoy cultural products increasingly improved
- 23 relic sites added to Dien Bien Phu Battlefield Relics Complex
- Two festivals recognized national intangible cultural heritage
- 23 sites added to Dien Bien Phu battlefield relic complex
The ‘Books and Culture’ category will introduce a vast number of titles on southern folk music, Don Ca Tai Tu, which was recently recognised as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humankind by UNESCO.
A series of books featuring General Vo Nguyen Giap and documentation of Vietnam’s sovereignty over its national waters and islands, will be highlighted at the festival.
Additionally, the festival will present visitors with children’s titles, e-books and book cafes
The route includes Mac Thi Buoi, Nguyen Hue and Ngo Duc Ke streets.