Nhan Dan – The 2014 Book Road Festival, themed ‘Ho Chi Minh City – My beloved city’, is scheduled to take place along the city’s main streets from January 28 to February 3.
The books in the festival will be divided into four categories: ‘Books and Culture’, ‘Books and Knowledge’, ‘Books and Vietnam’s sovereignty’ and ‘Favourite Books’.
- Tra Vinh hosts ceremony receiving "national intangible cultural heritage" title for Ok-Om-Bok festival
- Organizing intangible heritage Ok Om Bok festival in Tra Vinh
- Art & Entertainment News 7/11
- Tra Vinh celebrates intangible heritage Ok Om Bok festival
- Draft for maintaining and developing some intangible cultural heritage of " Don ca tai tu" arts
The ‘Books and Culture’ category will introduce a vast number of titles on southern folk music, Don Ca Tai Tu, which was recently recognised as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humankind by UNESCO.
A series of books featuring General Vo Nguyen Giap and documentation of Vietnam’s sovereignty over its national waters and islands, will be highlighted at the festival.
Additionally, the festival will present visitors with children’s titles, e-books and book cafes
The route includes Mac Thi Buoi, Nguyen Hue and Ngo Duc Ke streets.