(VOVworld) – US Secretary of State John Kerry will tour the Middle East from January 1to boost peace negotiationsbetween Israel and Palestine.The spokesperson for the US State Department Jen Psaki said on Saturday that Kerry will arrive in Jerusalem to hold talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and then in Ramallah to talk with Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas on the possibilities for a peace deal and other hot regional issues.
- After Netanyahu talks, Kerry says Israeli-Palestinian strife may ease
- UN chief 'not optimistic' about Israeli-Palestinian crisis
- Israel's Netanyahu stirs trouble by linking late Muslim leader to Holocaust
- UN chief warns against misuse of force as he meets Netanyahu
- Israel says more knife attacks thwarted, four Palestinians dead
On December 13, after concluding his 9th visit to the Middle East, Kerry said Israel and Palestine are following a timetable for an eventual comprehensive peace deal before the end of next April.