- At TPP, Vietnam, developing nations come under US onslaught on affordable cancer treatments
- WTO helps Vietnam in world economic integration
- WTO willing to support Vietnam in int'l economic integration
- WTO supports Vietnam in int'l economic integration
- U.S. floats cutting tobacco from part of Pacific trade pact: sources
(VOVworld)- According to the annual report of the United States Trade Representatives (USTR) at the Congress on Tuesday, Beijing achieved significant progress after joining the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001.
The USTR said that there also exist many problems in Chinese business activities. Beijing has executed limited provisions towards imported products and overseas enterprises, but was applied support mechanisms towards domestic enterprises. The White House expressed disappointment about rampant copyright violations, and called on Beijing to reform state- owned enterprises. The USTR asked Beijing to consider legal reforms to better protect Intellectual Property Rights.