- Chinese actor nominates himself as Vietnam Tourism Ambassador
- Chinese movie star wants to be Vietnam Tourism Ambassador
- Five candidates for Vietnam tourism ambassador title named
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism calls for more candidates for Tourism Ambassador
- Ministry of Culture calls for more candidates for Tourism Ambassador
HA NOI (VNS)– The campaign to select a new Tourism Ambassador for the 2014-16 tenure will run until October 30, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism announced on Monday.
Actress Ly Nha Ky has completed her term as Ambassador and with the campaign to find a replacement extended, no Tourism Ambassador is currently active so far this year.
According to Tran Nhat Hoang, director of Culture, Sport and Tourism Promotion Centre, candidates who are Vietnamese living at home and abroad should be individuals of high professional standing with have outstanding achievements in their work, as well as people who have made an active contribution to society and have the capacity to perform fund-raising.
He said besides National Tourism Ambassador, the ministry will assign Tourism Ambassadors in various regions and additional representatives abroad.
“The reason is many overseas Vietnamese have effectively promoted Vietnamese tourism,” he said, “the tenure will be lengthened to two years in some specific cases.”
So far, the Department of International Co-operation has received applications from Miss Tourism Huynh Thi Ngoc Han, Ha Noi-based actress Lan Phuong, Ha Noi-based English teacher Do Thi Hong Thuan, Miss Southeast Asia 2012 Dieu Han and the first-runner up of Miss Asia USA 2012 Chau Mong Nhu and Miss Asia USA 2006 Jennifer Pham. — VNS