(VOVworld) – People-to-people diplomacy should be promoted at all levels in various forms, especially as Vietnam further integrates into the world. President of the Vietnam’s Union of Friendship Organizations Vu Xuan Hong made the remarks in interviews with the media ahead of the union’s 5th national congress scheduled for Monday in Hanoi. He added that the people-to-people diplomacy is of great importance in the national external policies, contributing to creating a favorable international environment for Vietnam’s development and defense while promoting its image in the international arena.
- People-to-people diplomacy contributes to national independence and sovereignty protection
- External relations contribute significantly to Hanoi’s development
- People-to-people diplomacy, key to Vietnam's international integration
- Promoting peace and security in Asia and Europe
- Ambassador awarded Friendship Order
The union’s 5th national congress will focus its discussions on major tasks for the next 5 years which include expanding networks with international friends and partners, participating in important multilateral institutions, and enhancing the efficiency of NGOs’ operations in Vietnam.