The State Commission on Overseas Vietnamese (SCOV) has just received more than VND200 million from overseas Vietnamese in Canada, Bulgaria and the Netherlands to share with Vietnamese people undergoing difficulties in the country.
Speaking at the ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Canada To Anh Dung and Vietnamese Ambassador to Bulgaria Le Duc Luu said that the money represents the compassion and sharing of difficulties among soldiers and people in the country. In spite of being a small sum of money, it contains the love of expatriates toward the homeland.
- Overseas Vietnamese women's union branch set up in Siem Reap
- Expatriates in Laos support Vietnamese forces protecting nation's sovereignty over sea and islands
- Overseas Vietnamese in France raise fund to support fishermen on Ly Son island
- "Miss Vietnam in Czech" organizers support AO/dioxin victims
- Vietnam culture night take place in Switzerland
On the same day, the SCOV has also received EUR1,010 of the Overseas Vietnamese Association in Den Haag city and its adjacent areas in the Netherlands to support domestic people to overcome the consequences of storms and floods./.