(VOV) – Vietnam has won five more gold medals at the SEA Games in Myanmar, bringing its gold medal total to 27 and edging the team closer to their tally-leading hosts.
- SEA GAMES: Vietnamese shooting team bring home gold medal
- SEA Games 2013: Wrestlers hit target
- Tien Minh says farewell to SEA Games 2013
The shooting trio of Hoa Hong, Hoang Ngoc, and Minh Chau won the team 10m pistol event with 1,118 points. Minh Chau also earned the individual 10m pistol gold with 195.6 points.
The two golds follow fellow shooter Thanh Dat’s earlier triumph.
Compatriot Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son won the blitz chess gold medal on the same day.
Vietnamese Karate athlete Pham Thi Tien left with a silver medal after losing to a Malaysian rival in their final. Ngoc Thanh defeated a Thai opponent to win bronze.
Vietnamese boxers Ha Thi Linh and Luu Thi Duyen both won gold medals in the 64kg and 60kg divisions.
- Local bike racer clinches silver medal at SEA Games
- SEA Games: Vietnam maintains second place
- Vietnamese wrestlers win two SEA Games gold medals