BAC LIEU (VNS)— The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been asked to assist in the release of a fishing vessel taken into custody in Malaysian waters while sheltering from a storm.
Truong Be, owner of the ship BL-93 007 TS, from the southern province of Bach Lieu, asked for assistance through the province’s flood and storm committee.
- Ukraine releases Vietnamese nationals arrested during violent raid
- Britain pledges $1.74 bn in aid for Syria and neighbours
- Sri Lanka welcomes Vietnamese aboard for leisure and business
- Economic Diplomacy in Step with International Integration
- Vietnam health officials warn of Zika, epidemics during Lunar New Year fest
Committee official Lai Thanh An said Be reported the boat was hit by a storm on February 21 while operating in Viet Nam territorial waters, and buffeted by high winds and big waves.
To escape the storm, the skipper was forced to flee towards Malaysia, in whose territorial waters the boat was arrested by the Malaysian Coast Guard.-VNS