BAC LIEU (VNS)— The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been asked to assist in the release of a fishing vessel taken into custody in Malaysian waters while sheltering from a storm.
Truong Be, owner of the ship BL-93 007 TS, from the southern province of Bach Lieu, asked for assistance through the province’s flood and storm committee.
- ARF Defence Officials' Dialogue focuses on humanitarian, security issues
- Law-abiding spirit in East Vietnam Sea must be promoted: Japan’s Foreign Minister
- Positive developments seen in UN-Vietnam relations: Deputy Secretary-General
- UN are closely monitoring East Sea situation
- Europe Days fun times begin soon
Committee official Lai Thanh An said Be reported the boat was hit by a storm on February 21 while operating in Viet Nam territorial waters, and buffeted by high winds and big waves.
To escape the storm, the skipper was forced to flee towards Malaysia, in whose territorial waters the boat was arrested by the Malaysian Coast Guard.-VNS