For New Year, many cities are organising activities, including countdown parties, music and drama performances, fireworks and sport contests.
Ha Noi will organise the New Year Countdown Party on New Year’s Eve at the August Revolution Square in Hoan Kiem District. The countdown event was initially organised in 2010, attracting thousands of visitors.
- Viet Nam named one of the best places to travel alone: US website
- Ha Long city to host Miss Tourism International in November
- Vietnam an ideal place for solo travel: Business Insider
- Vietnam named one of the best places to travel alone: US website
- Vietnam’s rice terraces among world's most surreal landscapes
From now until January 2, HCM city will stage art performances, folk games and sport contests and exhibitions. Fireworks will be held at the Sai Gon River Tunnel in District 2 and the Dam Sen Culture Park in District 11 on New Year’s Eve.
The central city of Da Nang from December 20 to January 5 will hold a concert with guitarists from HCM City, Da Nang, Hue, Australia and Japan, as well as art performances, fashion shows and flower-decorated vehicles in Bien Dong Park. A countdown party in March 29 Square and street music programmes will also be organised.
In the UNESCO World Heritage Site city of Hoi An in the central province of Quang Nam, activities will begin on December 31 and end on January 1 at 1 am. Music and dance performances, costume street parties and a countdown event will be part of the festivities. — VNS