CAN THO (VNS)— Two bombs located on the Hau river bank in southern Can Tho Province’s Ninh Kieu District have been safely treated, the local military command announced on Thursday.
Local residents had previously informed authorities of a bomb spotted by the embankment of the Hau River before another one was found in the riverbed. The bombs, each one weighing 125kg, were brought to a safe place and deactivated.
- Christian dignitaries, followers congratulated as Christmas Day approaches
- Can Tho prosecutor threatens to burn down restaurant, evades bill: owner
- Mekong area needs $3.8b for projects
- Can Tho invests over VND9.6 trillion to upgrade education infrastructure by 2030
- Event schedule in Visit Viet Nam Year 2016 – Phu Quoc - Mekong River Delta
Since the beginning of the year, the Can Tho City Military Command has collected and treated more than one tonne of various types of bombs.-VNS