Cambodia’s Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology (MoWRM) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has reached a new cooperation deal on water resource management.
The agreement was signed last week by Secretary of State at the MoWRM Bun Hean and Representative of JICA to Cambodia Hiroshi Izaki, Cambodian news agency AKP reported on December 30.
- Project on water management in river basins slated for September
- Vietnam begins inspecting projects implemented by slush fund-hit Korean firm
- ODA corruption: It’s time for Vietnam to review the system
- Vietnam’s veggie hub to have Japanese-style flower wholesale market
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – April 9
The agreement will provide new ideas and build the capacity of the ministry’s human resources as well as set up a management mechanism for development plan elaboration and water resource management of targeted water reservoirs across the country, Minister of Water Resources and Meteorology Lim Kean Hor said at the signing ceremony.
According to Hiroshi Izaki, the new deal will be a bridge to promote more understanding and will contribute to the friendship and cooperation between Cambodia and Japan.-VNA