(VOV) -Vietnam has been deemed one of the most unsecure and dangerous destinations for internet security following an audit of over one million computers listed in the global botnet.
- Vietnam’s Internet security recognized globally
- Vietnam lacks Internet security experts
- Strengthening Internet security measures
Dr. Vu Quoc Khanh, Vietnam Computer Emergency Response Team (VNCERT) Director, said 1,428 hacked cases were reported in the first nine months of 2013, higher than last year’s total figure.
- Vietnam communication firm says victim of $500,000 targeted hack: media
- Authorities found copyright infringement in reputable enterprises
- Many Vietnam news websites disrupted
- Hackers steal info from 1.4 mill payment cards on TripAdvisor's tour-booking site
- Over 1,000 VN websites hacked within two-week period
On average, computers in Vietnam deliver more than 3.33 million spams daily, he said.
Bach Khoa Internetwork Security Centre (BKAV), a leading internet security firm, warns that cell-phone viruses can affect computers. Internet users should be aware of new ways of hacking via laptops and mobile phones, BKAV suggests.
*** A special event named “Vietnam Information Safety Day” will be launched in Ho Chi Minh City on November 14 and Hanoi on November 21.
A host of activities will take place during the event, including a seminar and an exhibition on information safety and security in a modern society.