VietNamNet Bridge – The Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism has licenced 1997 Miss Sports Vietnam Tran Thi Quynh to represent the country at the 2013 Mrs World pageant in China on November 14-23.
Quynh was born in 1986 and she competed at the Vietnam Supermodel 2005 and Miss Vietnam 2006 pageant. In 2007, she was crown as Miss Sports when she was a third-year student of the Sports and Physical Training Faculty of the Hai Phong Teacher Training University. She served as Vietnam’s representative at the 2009 Miss International in China. Quynh was married to businessman Bui Dinh Hiep in early 2011 and had a daughter in March 2012.
- Traffic accident kills two in central Quang Tri
- Vietnam-Hungary Friendship Association awarded Labour Order
- Thua Thien-Hue receives over 2 million tourists in 8 months
- New bridge opens to traffic in southern Vietnam, reshapes regional transport route
- Vietnam focuses on coastal eco-system, mangrove forest protection
Quynh is now a television MC, businesswoman, and charity contributor.
Quynh said the competition is a valuable opportunity to honour the beauty of Vietnamese women before international audiences.
She said she wants to deliver the message “Happiness helps a woman overcome hardship and achieve success in society. A happy family motivates a woman to fulfil her duties in family and society”.
Vietnam’s Nguyen Thu Huong finished second runner-up at Mrs World 2012. Earlier, Kim Hong and Hoang Yen also won prizes at this pageant.