- The Vietnam National Museum of History visited Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Museum (China)
- "Research to innovate the exhibition at the Vietnam National Museum of History 2014-2015"
- Art auction raises US$18,000 at Vietnam Museum of Fine Arts
- The role of the Vietnam National Museum of History (VNMH) in balancing political history, ethnography and art. (Thesis at the 5th Conference of the Asian National Museums Association ANMA).
- A training course on "Improving the capability against illicit trafficking of cultural goods: prevention, co-operation and return" to be launched in the Vietnam National Museum of History.
Author: Nguyen Xuan Ngoc; Publisher: Social Science; Size: 16cmx24cm; Quantities: 306p; Year: 2013.
The culture of Da But was named after a village of Da But, where the first archaeological site was excavated in 1926. Since then, Vietnamese archaeologists have discovered and excavated more than 10 Da But – like sites on the coastal plain edge of provinces Ninh Binh and Thanh Hoa that defined the existence of an archaeological culture – the Da But culture – belonging to the neolithic, dated from 7.000 BP to 4.000 BP.
The book ” The Da But culture an approach of prehistory culture” provides readers with new information on behavioural cultural of ancient Da But people in response to natural environment during process of occupying and exploring the coastal delta of Thanh Hoa and Ninh Binh; human dynamic and creative adaptation to changing environment under marine transgression; process of forming tradition and renovating culture vividly demontrated by the emergence of new technologies, new tool typologies, cultivated crops, domestic animals, especially as a centre for early pottery production in Vietnam. Besides, the book also provides readers with informations on behavioural culture between humans and humans, between individuals and community, between life and afterlife, and components as foundation of moral and spritual culture of ancient Da But people.
The book consists of four main contents:
Part I. Da But Culture: Discovery and Research
Part II. Tangible cultural characteristic of Da But culture.
Part III. intangible cultural characteristic of Da But culture
Part IV. Da But culture in the process of historical culture in Vietnam Neolithic
The library of Vietnam National Museum of History (25 Tong Dan – Hoan Kiem – Hanoi) would like to introduce all readers!